• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello new here..

soni.03

Hey im new to this site and im 19 years old and considerin gastric bypass, i had my app today with the consultant surgeon and im reali reali scared but also excited for a new life ahead. Because of my weight im gettin funding as my bmi is 57, i have a few questions 1. After how long can you start goin gym 2, im reali worried about hair loss as i dont hav thick long hair from the beginin, 3, is there anyone who hasnt experience very obvious saggy skin :)

soni.03 said:
Hey im new to this site and im 19 years old and considerin gastric bypass, i had my app today with the consultant surgeon and im reali reali scared but also excited for a new life ahead. Because of my weight im gettin funding as my bmi is 57, i have a few questions 1. After how long can you start goin gym 2, im reali worried about hair loss as i dont hav thick long hair from the beginin, 3, is there anyone who hasnt experience very obvious saggy skin :)

Hello and welcome, I'm Toni I'm 22 have a bmi of 59.9 and am having a bypass this year sometimes, I'm frightened about hairloss too as my hair is thin :( where are you from xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Hey same im very frightened aswel because ive read threadss wre people are sayin they have had severe hair loss but aprently it eventualy comes back, buy while the hair falls out im goin to have nothig on my head, need hrlp:(
Im from south west london, what about you?

soni.03 said:
Hey same im very frightened aswel because ive read threadss wre people are sayin they have had severe hair loss but aprently it eventualy comes back, buy while the hair falls out im goin to have nothig on my head, need hrlp:(
Im from south west london, what about you?

My nurse has warned me about it and said it can be quite distressing if you have thin hair! :S but assured me that it will re grown with in weeks and to be honest if it means I'd get my new life I will shave my head right now Haha ... but I'm still frightened,.... may need to invest in some hats..... I'm from west yorkshire Xx

Yeh true i cant wait to be in the healthy bmi rangr which i have never been in all my life, i previously did the cambridr diet and my consultant told me about this hair loss medicine caled nourkin and she took them herself, her hair is lovely and sick so might consider them,

soni.03 said:
Yeh true i cant wait to be in the healthy bmi rangr which i have never been in all my life, i previously did the cambridr diet and my consultant told me about this hair loss medicine caled nourkin and she took them herself, her hair is lovely and sick so might consider them,

I've never heard of any tablets to take for it but its worth considering xxx

1.You can get to the gym/swim after a few months.
2.Your hair will thin from about 4 months,regrow a few months later.No pills will stop this happening.
3.You are very young and if you havnt had kids your skin should still be elastic and not sag too badly.
4.Nothing feels as good as pulling on a size 14 jeans after being morbidly obese,thin hair and saggy body wont bother you I promise.You will be too busy buying trendy clothes and doing new things to worry!Best of luck.Maz x

1. Start now, don't wait for your surgery start making it a habit now, and it should be an established part of your life by the time you have your op.

2. It's only the 3rd phase (telogen stage) of your hair growth cycle that takes a few extra months to catch up to the 1st phase again (anagen stage)- nothing permanent - and hey there are always hats to go with a slim trendy body at your age!! LOL

3. Saggy skin is part of getting old!! ha ha physical activity will help, being young you should still have lots of active collagen in your skin which will really help prevent some of the saggy bits!

Good luck and welcome to the site, I am your resident 'answer for everything' lady! As I have spent years researching weight loss, as most of us have on this site...spent 7 years at Uni studying health, so like to share what snip-its I have learned over the years with you folks on this lovely site. xxxx

Thankkk you so much... Made me feel better and as everyone had said irs a coupke of months and your hair should start growing back.. :)

soni.03 said:
Yh i do because my bmi is over 50 what about you? X

Yeah I do hun I'm so happy they gave it me now and first time I asked :) but that's cos I had spent 2 years working my way through the PCT acceptance list lol (thanks to my sisters mother in law to be for the list) lol xxx

This place is great for answering your questions, pretty much everyone is lovely and tries to help even me who is pre op Haha Xx

Hi and welcome

hey soni, welcome and good luck :) xxx

hiya and welcome to the forum!!! x

Back