• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so ashamed

sweetquietjox

I have just been weighed and i cant believe how big i am, sorry of course i know how big i am i ment to say i never knew how much i weighed as i have never owned any scales. It took my breath away when she told me, i feel so ashamed of myself, really how could i let myself get this bad.:cry:
Im so pleased i have found this site and finally doing something about, time to take my head out of the sand and face facts, its all my on doing and i need to start watching what i eat, the new me starts from now.

Sorry rant over. :wave_cry:

Oh Jo dont worry too much there are quite a few people who never weigh and hide their heads in the sand.

As you say, at least you are now not in denial so it will be easier for you to sort this problem out.

I wish you luck on your journey and please dont be ashamed, you didnt do it on purpose hun. xxxx

Oh Jo dont worry too much there are quite a few people who never weigh and hide their heads in the sand.

As you say, at least you are now not in denial so it will be easier for you to sort this problem out.

I wish you luck on your journey and please dont be ashamed, you didnt do it on purpose hun. xxxx

Thankyou, its gonna be a long hard road but im ready and willing to take it on.

The weight sneaks up on you doesnt it Joanne! At least now you are doing something about it.....before long you will be weighing yourself and smiling, it will happen for you hun....try and keep positive :D XX

I remember when I went to my assessment at the Manchester Royal and they weighed me at 182kg or 400 pounds. I had no idea that I was that heavy and I was just so disgusted with my self for allowing that to happen

This is all about your future honey so dwell not upon the past and concentrate on getting as ready as you can for your operation and the new you

Looking at you now Karl no one would believe you used to weight 400lbs :eek: You are such an inspiration..well done on an amazing journey (HUGS) XX

The only way is up(or down!)Dont waste time and energy fretting about the past,this is now and your future is going to be great!Maz x

Joanne... precious... we have all been there... xxx

Dearest Joanne,

I could feel your pain and fully understand how you are feeling.

For many years I had totally 'avoided' the weighing scales... putting it off for another time.... and that time never came... and my health went from bad to worse.

As Karl and everyone so rightly says... we have to be starting somewhere and I'm so proud and pleased that you have stepped on the scales and also reached out on here.

The wls is such a tremendous aid for us to work with & I'd be so happy for you to hang onto me... I've had my op postponed before on health grounds... but I'm living in hope for the New Year.

It would be lovely to share your journey Joanne and for us to work together...

We also do a Saturday weigh in and daily food diary if it is any help to you.... feeling vulnerable and alone is part of this journey... so hang onto us Angel. :)

Here for you precious... always at your side and don't hesitate to get in touch... xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

The weight sneaks up on you doesnt it Joanne! At least now you are doing something about it.....before long you will be weighing yourself and smiling, it will happen for you hun....try and keep positive :D XX

Thanks i will x

I remember when I went to my assessment at the Manchester Royal and they weighed me at 182kg or 400 pounds. I had no idea that I was that heavy and I was just so disgusted with my self for allowing that to happen

This is all about your future honey so dwell not upon the past and concentrate on getting as ready as you can for your operation and the new you

Your so right thankyou, no more looking back, its the future that counts x

Dearest Joanne,

I could feel your pain and fully understand how you are feeling.

For many years I had totally 'avoided' the weighing scales... putting it off for another time.... and that time never came... and my health went from bad to worse.

As Karl and everyone so rightly says... we have to be starting somewhere and I'm so proud and pleased that you have stepped on the scales and also reached out on here.

The wls is such a tremendous aid for us to work with & I'd be so happy for you to hang onto me... I've had my op postponed before on health grounds... but I'm living in hope for the New Year.

It would be lovely to share your journey Joanne and for us to work together...

We also do a Saturday weigh in and daily food diary if it is any help to you.... feeling vulnerable and alone is part of this journey... so hang onto us Angel. :)

Here for you precious... always at your side and don't hesitate to get in touch... xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Thankyou for your kind words and encouragement im sure i will be on here alot, asking question and asking for support, its great to know theres people like you out there willing to help.
Many thanks again xx:D

I was in denial. I couldn't weigh myself on normal scales and thought I was 'about' 25 stone!

When I came in at near 32 stone I was shocked and embarassed too. It just will mean you will look and feel more fantastic than you thought you would :)

Thanks, yes my shock was like urs but im hoping to prove everyone wrong and loose the weight x

My heart goes out to you love. You will soon have your wls and you will never look back. I for one will be joining you on your journey and holding your hand, it is hard now but we will all get to where we want to be hopefully in the new years. xxxx

Thanks for ur support, its very much appreciated x

Thanks, yes my shock was like urs but im hoping to prove everyone wrong and loose the weight x

There's no hope involved sweetheart, you will lose the weight and you have nobody to prove ANYTHING to except yourself. As Karlos and others said, don't dwell on the numbers now, concentrate on learning all you can and also getting as fit and well as you can for your operation. Good luck my lovely xxx

Hi hun,

it's completely shocking when you first find out after not weighing for a long time. I can relate! From about the age of 18 I could no longer weigh myself on conventional scales, so I simply didn't weigh.
Now I have a set of scales that works for me, and I SO SO look forward to seeing a smaller number!!

And before long, you will too! What everyone said is right. You're taking steps in the right direction. Owning up to one's weight and establishing what needs to happen is step one I guess.

I wish you all the very best for your journey and look forward to following your progress xx

Thankyou all for your wonderful words ofen couragement i will try and keep u all update on my progress x

hi

just giving my love and as always you know where i am, your on the right road x

Back