• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so ashamed

Welcome to our world Joanne! It sneaks up on us doesn't it? You have made the most important decision to do something about it. Look forward and not back now sweetie. Good luck

linski xx

We have all been there Joanne so dont worry, my pouch talkes to me its allways winging wants sweet things, but not getting any. good luck xx

Its hard the first time we see that number and actually recognise it for what it is but you're right inthere starting to tackle it and thats what matters. We've all been there and can empathise with you and support you on that downward trail

Good luck

M

I also remember doing my famous ostrich impersonation! And only me could ignore that great big botty stuck up in the air! So I completely empathise with you. But now you've taken your head out of the sand, you've made a brilliant and a courageous start.

You keep going now sweetheart, and we'll all walk along side you to help when you need it. Before you know it, the numbers will be going down and you'll begin to feel good about yourself.
Hugs and love
Grace xxx

Hi Jo
Thats the lovely thing about this site we can all relate to the emotions that being overweight comes with. I too was shocked when i stood on the scales at my consultant appointment i was in total denial but how could i argue with almost 4 stone more than i thought i had? So do not worry or beat yourself up as i've said before we have too many ignorant people in this world who " beat us up" On this site you will find plenty of encourgement and support and we are always around to help xx

Thankyou u all for your support people, great to know ur all here x :)

Hey Joanne.. welcome to the site..

Please.. don't be ashamed of how you have ended up.. there are a lot of people on here who - like you.. hid their heads until they had no choice but to face things.. I speak from experience..

My beloved Grandma died dec 2005.. and in jan 06, I took myself off to get weighed.. and was horrified.. I weighed 25st 10lbs, was in size 28-30 clothes and was miserable..I made a vow to change and slowly.. I made little changes and instead of giving myself goals I knew I couldn't reach.. I made them simple ones.. and I slowly lost weight..

My WLS came about due to a hernia I never knew I had.. until the weight came off.. I weighed 19st 9 on the day of my surgery in May 2009..

Now.. I'm 15st 12.7lb.. and still losing weight.. slowly.. but it is still coming off.. your journey - as was ours.. will not be an easy one and there will be times when you question whether you are doing the right thing..

when that comes into your head.. remember.. you can make the changes to feel happier.. or be miserable for the rest of what is left of your life.. I know which I chose.. and am slowly getting my life back

Good luck with your journey.. there are lots of people here who will be more than happy to support you..

including me :)

I dont know what I weigh at the moment, I am too scared to weigh myself at home and tell the doctors not to tell me. All i know is that my bmi is about 51! I know Ill have to face those dreaded numbers soon but at least then Ill be well on the way to losing the weight. Stay positive - the journey has begun and everyone on here is so kind and supportive. You cant beat yourself up over whats done but think how strong you are to be doing something about it! Good luck xxx :)

I dont know what I weigh at the moment, I am too scared to weigh myself at home and tell the doctors not to tell me. All i know is that my bmi is about 51! I know Ill have to face those dreaded numbers soon but at least then Ill be well on the way to losing the weight. Stay positive - the journey has begun and everyone on here is so kind and supportive. You cant beat yourself up over whats done but think how strong you are to be doing something about it! Good luck xxx :)

Im so like u i just didnt want to know what i weigh but i suppose at least i can start doing something about it, god luck to you on your journey also, we can do this together x :)

Back