• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey so far

Ann410

hi all. I am new to this forum, i had surgery on 18th may at chichester , i prepared myself fully, i did the milk diet to the letter, got carols book (return to slender) did my home work etc etc, i was so nervous about the massive change i was about to take, 2 years it has taken me, but at long last my day had come. the walk to the operating theater , kiss bye to my husband, put gently to sleep.... i come round from the anesthetic in recovery....Then disaster strikes. Tim John comes to speak to me .. to explain that he was unable to do the bypass as i was found to have a condition (Unknown to me, i am 52 years of age and had 2 ops) called.. situs inversus totalis. (which means my heart and all my organs are reversed) i was in a state of shock. devastated that my bypass had not been done. but at the same time felt reassured that it was in my best interest. i spoke with Guy Slater the following day on ward round... i asked if it was possible to have the bypass. he said he would be talking over my case with Mr Somers, and that it probably would be ok, they would be prepared and if possible to go ahead it will be shaw somers that does my op. its been a difficult time for me . its the waiting game.. waiting for yes we can do the bypass or no we cant...(bypass has been done on someone with same cond) i phoned Chichester yesterday, to ask for any update.. i explained the above. the lady that took my call seemed most put out..why had she not be informed!!! she would request for my notes. and that was it ..i said i would phone again in a few days.. she didn't seem to pleased .. so as it stands now, im thinking night and day..have they discussed me yet ??? rant over.

Oh no thats awful! I hope they sort this soon for you and Good Luck x

Hi Ann, oh how hard for you to get yourself all ready and this to happen, and abit of a shock with what they said, least you know they are looking after you as not to do it there and then, keep on to the secretary hun, dont let her stop you phoning. Good luck and hope your sorted soon x

Welcome to the forum. You must be in a bit of a turmoil at the moment. I hope you get the news you are waiting for soon so at least you can know what is happening for you.

Welcome to the forum. You have found a great place for support :)
It sounds like a really frustrating time for you - I hope you get your answers soon.

Hi Ann and welcome...sorry to hear about the frustrating time you are going through....not knowing what is going on :( hope you hear soon xxx

Back