• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone

zooboo

Hello everyone

I've just joined today as I was told on Monday that I had a date for my gastric band op 20th Dec! Yes this year, so that's given me just over 3 weeks to prepare!!!

I had my referral appointment in march which just involved a group session with a consultant and PowerPoint. I did not enjoy this or feel confident as it was a bit rushed and I couldn't ask the questions that I wanted.

I finally got my first 1-2-1 appointment with one of my surgeons consultants we had an good and I depth chat about my options and what research I had made. We both decided that a gastric band was the correct procedure for me to have. To my surprise the consultant said I was going to be given the operation. I thought I would have to wait as I've a cousin who has also had a band done, she had to wait for funding, psyc assessments and loads more before she was accepted.

So in my may appointment the consultant said I would have at least 12 to 18 months wait for the operation. As you can see I received a call on Monday (5/11/2012) saying I had a date for my operation which is 1st December I thought the receptionist was going to say 2013 but no 2012!!!. I've got my pre-op assessment on 12/11/2012.

I had few tears of joy, shock and fear but I suppose the sooner the better, but I gather there will be no turkey for Xmas this year!!!

Sorry for the long waffle but I just wanted to share my story so far. I would love to hear your stories too. I wil also keep you all updated on my op, weight loss and goals.

Best wishes
Zoe
Xxx :)

Welcome Zoe and good news that its all going ahead. I've had my band for 11 weeks today and am loving everything about having it and the results its giving me, as well as the lifechanging things that it has helped me to achieve :)

Thanks topkat and well done on your weight loss.

Sorry to confuse everyone but my op is gonna be on 1st dec not the 20th (that's my brothers bday!!!)

Zoe

Wow, I wish it had been so fast with me. Good luck, and all the best. I can imagine that you are feeling both excited and nervous about it. For me, the time can't come soon enough.

Back