• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello everyone

Marie1uk

Good morning ladies & possibly gents.
I had a gastric band in December 2006 had no problems with it until last year.
I had to have my port removed December 2015 due to an abcess on my abdominal wall , thus leaving me with a gastric band & no restriction.
I have recently visited the surgeon again to be told that the NHS won't replace the port, but they will be happy to remove the band. Ok , I can go with that.
Now considering a Gastic Plication. No messing around with fills / defills
Any thoughts anyone ?
Home or abroad ?
Thanking you all in advance
Warm Regards

Marie x

Hi Marie
Welcome. Sorry your having problems I have been there too. I have recently gone band to sleeve and am finding it great
It's more invasive than the wrap but I like it I opted to pay a small fee £97 actually lol to have my band removed at the same time instead of going down the the NHS removal route I'd already tried a reposition so didn't fancy another two ops. Wishing you good luck with whatever you decide here if you need any help Xx

Hi Monalisa
Thank you for the post & the welcome
Glad you are happy with The Sleeve. Where did you have it done ? Home or abroad ?
I had my band done abroad 10 yrs ago and didn't have any problems , so thinking further surgery abroad.
My husband is behind me all the way , and he will come with me again which is a bonus.

Regards

Marie xx

Well I can't answer your question but hello and welcome :)

I had it done at the spire in Manchester looked at abroad but was a bit if a chicken is it not worth having a new port private if your bands still ok? Tried to save mine but couldn't x

Hello and warm welcome to you, can't help you with your questions, just wanted to say hi!

Back