• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from the South of Birmingham

Eeyoreslosttail

Hi to all.

My name's Mike and I'm due to have bypass surgery on 29th September.
I'm a 43 year old male, married with 2 teenage boys, and have struggled with weight all my life.
I'm 5' 6" and currently weigh 26st 10lb. I started my pre-op diet last Wednesday, milk and yogurt(yum yum;)) and have lost, as of today, 11lbs.
I thought I'd be hungry after a few days of not eating but it wasn't until today that my stomach started complaining, I hope it doesn't keep up for the next week otherwise my wife and kids will get fed up of me before too long :cry:.
Anyhow thats me in a nutshell and I hope that my journey is as successful and uncomplicated as many of your's have been.
Take Care.

Hi Mike and :welcome: to WLS, your op is 2 days after mine :D We will be able to compare notes lol. Ive been on the milk diet since last Monday too, must say its worse than I thought it would be :eek: Ive stuck to it without cheating though so Im quite proud of myself ...good luck for next week and feel free to ask questions, we dont bite......well I might, mind you youd bite back so I wont! X

Hi Mike and welcome. I see you are being done by the wonderful Mr Khan. Are you having your surgery at Walsall Manor?

If so, we have a support group which meets tonight. You would be most welcome. its at Harrisons Sports and Social, Great Wyrley in Walsall and starts at 7.30pm

Hi and welcome to the site. You have come to the right place for support and guidance. Good luck on your up and coming op x

Hi Mike,

Wanting to send a warm welcome, we are all finding this forum to be invaluable in our weightloss journeys and hope you will feel the same way...

If there is anything you need to know... someone will have done it and has the tee shirt...

Looking forward to keeping in touch and kindest regards,

Love and hugs on your weightloss journey,

Bev xxx

:)Hi Mike,welcome to the forum & good luck for the 29th:)

Hello Mike and welcome... As someone who was brought up in South Birmingham (snuggled in between Cadbury's n Rover) i welcome you :)

Please make good use of this site, once you have got your posts up to 50 most privileges kick in. The word association thread is the best place for that :)

In the meantime if i can help or you need another facebook friend my addy is [email protected], i'll be happy to offer any support i can to you and your good lady :)

Back