• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Sally

-Sally-

Hello!

I've been lurking around the forums for a couple of months now - picking up info and advice as to what to expect with a band - it has been a fantastic help.
I'm going to the Yorkshire Clinic on October 29th for my op with Mr Halstead.

My start BMI is comparatively low - which is making me feel guilty that I'm taking such a severe step, but going by family history, I know what's going to happen to me if I can't lose and keep off the weight.

Despite being aged in years, I'm back at home living with my parents - whom I haven't told. I've booked my op whilst they are away for a few days - though they return just two days after I have it done - so I guess I'm going to have to come clean with them on their return.

I wanted to say 'hello' and thank you to all those who have shared their experiences and advice.

Sally

Hello Sally welcome, they are a very friendly bunch on here and always got some good advice x

Welcome Sally, and good luck :)

Hi Sally best of luck for your op x

Hi Sally

I felt guilty at first too. Having had the op (only 7 days in) I am actually proud of myself now. I made a decision FOR ME, a decision that I am sure will make me feel better about myself and healthier in the long run!

I am sure your parents will be supportive.

Keep us posted and good luck

Dc

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I shall start a diary next week to log my experiences - and hopefully they will be useful to other pre-oppers too.

Sally

Back