• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello - Hope I am welcome.

singletrack

Hi, I am fairly new to this site but I am hoping I can get some help and encouragement and be able to share my experience with others.
I feel a bit of a fraud because most of you seem to be having bands/bypasses and wraps but not many seem to have a balloon. In a lot of ways the balloon is not seen as so extreme as some of the other WLS, but I have not found anywhere else to get help and support so I hope you will let me join in here.
I am having a Spatz balloon fitted in Manchester on the 28th July. It is a 12 month balloon with an extra 6 months of support after that time.
I considered a band but really wanted to try to educate myself and learn to eat properly for the rest of my life. I hope the balloon and aftercare will help me do that without the need for surgery, although I truly respect those of you who have chosen to have surgery instead. You are much braver than me!

Anyway, there's my introduction. Look out out for plenty of questions in the future.

U r most welcome. Lots of great people on hear, loads of support & advice.
Good luck with your op.

Hiya and welcome. I have seen a couple others on the forum who have the balloon or going to have it so I'm sure there will be others to talk too but we are all here for the same reason anyway. We all want to get healthy and control of our bad habits. Make your self at home and all the best for your procedure :) x

Welcome and what ever weight loss help you decide is up to you. We are all different.

Good luck with your journey.

X

Hi and welcome :)
Whatever procedure you choose we are here to support you, no question or worry is too insignificant or silly....ask away!
Best of luck with your balloon.
Em xxxxx

Welcome :)

Hi and welcome, Best of luck for tomorrow! Keep us posted on your journey and ask away, anything! xxx

Hello everyone. I am using this site for the first time. I have y date for my bypass op. it's August 30 and I'm in Luton. 5 weeks today will be the first day of my 'new life'! How do I cope with the wait? Now my mind is clear I just want to get on with it. I hope you won't mind me passing the time bending your ears!

You are more than welcome. We don't have nearly enough people who have had balloons its fascinating. Unfortunately I'm too far along for a balloon but I wish is had the option ten years ago xx

Hi kerrie and welcome, my op is 2 weeks away, I'm just taking it a day at a time. This past week I think Iv gone through every emotion possible, excited, scared, overwhelmed etc but I know I'm doing the right thing. Good luck with your weight loss journey and remember everyone on here has more or less gone through what we are going through and are there to support you xxx

My op just 2 weeks away also and looking forward to the new me.... Loving the support here, by the way never heard of the ballon....

Well, I had the balloon fitted yesterday. The fitting was fine. Local anaesthetic spray in mouth, sedation ( lots of it) and the next thig I can really remember I was in recovery.Today, however I feel awful. I am nauseous, have stomach cramps and can only keep very little water down.
Roll on the next few days when I hope I start feeling human again.

i hope you soon feel better, i think there are balloon people on "other wls surgery " list on here if you go onto the page you will see it , it has ds'rs like myself and other ops xx good luck and best wishes

Back