• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello I am a newbie

Vanessaband

Hi everyone, I have been reading through your posts for the last week or so. I had my band fitted on Saturday. I am a little uncomfortable still but it's manageable, it's the wind pain worse than anything. I am very tired today, not sure if that is normal. Only managing a couple of shakes through the day, not tried soup yet. Some good helpful hints from your posts have helped me get through the pre op part.

Hello and welcome!

All sounding perfectly normal, the wind will shift if you move around little and often. Tiredness is a mixture of not consuming much and the effects of the general anesthetic. So will get better the further out you are x

Hello and welcome!

All sounding perfectly normal, the wind will shift if you move around little and often. Tiredness is a mixture of not consuming much and the effects of the general anesthetic. So will get better the further out you are x
Thank you Mazza

Hi everyone, I have been reading through your posts for the last week or so. I had my band fitted on Saturday. I am a little uncomfortable still but it's manageable, it's the wind pain worse than anything. I am very tired today, not sure if that is normal. Only managing a couple of shakes through the day, not tried soup yet. Some good helpful hints from your posts have helped me get through the pre op part.
Hi, welcome to the forum, it’s always great to get new members, you will find, as I’m sure your aware lots of advice and tips on here, I can’t help with any advice on a band as I’m 8 weeks bypassed but it here will be lots of support for you, as for the tiredness, I returned to work today for the first time and I’m on phased return from what I’ve experienced and read it’s perfectly normal.
Good luck on your journey, keep in touch x

Hi Vanessa. Hope your feeling better today xx

Hi, welcome to the forum, it’s always great to get new members, you will find, as I’m sure your aware lots of advice and tips on here, I can’t help with any advice on a band as I’m 8 weeks bypassed but it here will be lots of support for you, as for the tiredness, I returned to work today for the first time and I’m on phased return from what I’ve experienced and read it’s perfectly normal.
Good luck on your journey, keep in touch x

Hi Blingbabe,

Glad to hear everything going well, just wondered how you are feeling now your back at work ? And what phased hours you are doing?
Jules xx

Hi Blingbabe,

Glad to hear everything going well, just wondered how you are feeling now your back at work ? And what phased hours you are doing?
Jules xx
Thank you, I’ve been fine at work, I’ve done 2 weeks of 9 till 1 (9 till 12 on a Friday) I could get used to that next week I’m doing 3 days 9 till 5 then should be back to normal which is 4 days 9 till 5 ish the 5 is very dependent on admission and/or poorly patients. I’m honestly feeling very good and energised xxxx

Hi Vanessa hope your ok Hun xx

Back