• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I'm a newbie from Bradford

funkybull

Hi, I'm Jayne and I'm 31 from Bradford. I am currently on day 5 of my pre-op diet and are booked in for a bypass on 27th nov!!!

It's a bit of a story how I got to this stage, but it all started with gallstones! In 2010 I started suffering with gallstone episodes, never felt pain like it!, so after several trips to my GP and a ultra sound I finally saw a consultant in dec 2010.

At the appointment the consultant suggested I had weight loss surgery at the same time, I was shocked at first ad didn't no what to think but agreed. He wrote to my GP who did the referral to the PCT and I was accepted for funding.

So I got a appointment letter to see mr halstead on 6 April 2011, I couldn't wait as I had been suffering for a few weeks with nausea due to the gallstones, or so I thought!!!!! All my friends at work were convinced I was pregnant, so the day before my appointment I did a test. Omg! How shocked was I, I was actually pregnant!

I saw mr halstead who said he would do all the other tests and call me back in feb 2012! So we fast forward to feb2012 and I got a letter for a pre op assessment, in just didn't feel ready and I was getting married in April! So I postponed till may.

So I had my first pre op in may but didn't have a date for surgery, I really wanted it before I returned to work from mat leave so I kept ringing the waiting list office but they couldn't tell me anything, so I just put it to the back of my mind and thought to myself it will be sometime next year.

Fast forward again to 2 weeks ago, I get a call from the waiting list office to arrange the surgery! I was in total shock, I just wasn't expecting the call. I was told I could either have the op done at the BRI of Nuffield, I opted for the latter as a bed could not be guaranteed at BRI.

I'm excited because this will change my life forever, but I'm scared too, and worried I won't survive (even though I have no underlying medical problems to suggest this) I just keeping thinking about my little girl and then crying, I do think its my hormones, I cry at ought nowadays!!!

Anyways, that's my story!

Hi Jayne, welcome!
Thats quite a story but how cute you have a little girl. I have my surgery the day before you (tomorrow). I'm having a wrap. Good luck, I hope all goes well and will catch up with you on the"Losers" bench :)

hi jayne its natural to be scared i had my op on 21st nov i was scared i wouldnt wake up but hey i did =) i wish u well hun with ur journey good luck xx

Hi Jayne and welcome. I'm from Leeds, so just down the road, my op is 12th December. A few of us from Bradford/Leeds meet up regularly if your interested. The next meet is the 28th. But we meet once or twice monthly, usually in central Bradford, we are always happy to meet new people

Hi Funkybull, oooh exciting times ahead for u hunnie, i too is from bradford, we have a facebook group where we chat with no pressure to meet up, were more for supporting each other online when needed. I can always add u, were a small group. Welcome to the group btw lol if u want me to add u just drop us a message via PM and ill send u my details hunnie xx

funkybull said:
Hi, I'm Jayne and I'm 31 from Bradford. I am currently on day 5 of my pre-op diet and are booked in for a bypass on 27th nov!!!

It's a bit of a story how I got to this stage, but it all started with gallstones! In 2010 I started suffering with gallstone episodes, never felt pain like it!, so after several trips to my GP and a ultra sound I finally saw a consultant in dec 2010.

At the appointment the consultant suggested I had weight loss surgery at the same time, I was shocked at first ad didn't no what to think but agreed. He wrote to my GP who did the referral to the PCT and I was accepted for funding.

So I got a appointment letter to see mr halstead on 6 April 2011, I couldn't wait as I had been suffering for a few weeks with nausea due to the gallstones, or so I thought!!!!! All my friends at work were convinced I was pregnant, so the day before my appointment I did a test. Omg! How shocked was I, I was actually pregnant!

I saw mr halstead who said he would do all the other tests and call me back in feb 2012! So we fast forward to feb2012 and I got a letter for a pre op assessment, in just didn't feel ready and I was getting married in April! So I postponed till may.

So I had my first pre op in may but didn't have a date for surgery, I really wanted it before I returned to work from mat leave so I kept ringing the waiting list office but they couldn't tell me anything, so I just put it to the back of my mind and thought to myself it will be sometime next year.

Fast forward again to 2 weeks ago, I get a call from the waiting list office to arrange the surgery! I was in total shock, I just wasn't expecting the call. I was told I could either have the op done at the BRI of Nuffield, I opted for the latter as a bed could not be guaranteed at BRI.

I'm excited because this will change my life forever, but I'm scared too, and worried I won't survive (even though I have no underlying medical problems to suggest this) I just keeping thinking about my little girl and then crying, I do think its my hormones, I cry at ought nowadays!!!

Anyways, that's my story!

Wow x ur almost there x x u will be absolutely fine I'm sure x x x

Hi funkybull,

I note you can't receive pm's yet. I'll let you know when the next meet up is. Either on this thread or I'll try a pm later, you may have enough posts by then. Not sure if we will have one in December yet. But I'll let you know.

Best wishes
WobblyW
(Wendy)

Hi Curvygoth,
Where are you in the process for your bypass. I note you have the lovely Mr Halstead.

Hi Joe,
I think we may have been at the same seminar ?

Just a quick update, our next meet up is Saturday 5th January 2013 at Costa Coffee in Greengates at 11:00am, Would be good to see you.

Back