• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Newbie from Bradford

cld86

HI Everyone, im a newbie from Bradford. I was refered by my GP on the 8th Jan 14 and now have an appt with surgeon or member of his team on the 11th Feb. Im really nervous, think im more scared that they will say No! I have a BMI 55 and never go out of my house :( I have 4 children and im a smoker!! Well e-cig shopping tomorrow! It would be nice to talk to others x

Hello cld86!
you have come to a great place!
lots of friendly people with great advise
no question is daft believe me I`ve asked a few !
good luck with everything

hiya and welcome.from Bradford too.look forward to hearing from you again.im scare giddy and happy.loads of mixed emotions.you will get loads of help from this site it is great.a great bunch of people.you take care soohoo

Hi Newbie, Im a newbie 2 lol If you are going via the NHS you wont find out at that appointment they will take all your details and send it off to a panel to decide but good luck i'm having my surgery in March x

Hi cld, wow that was quick for you to get appointment, please let me know how you get on, i was referred in january but havent heard anything yet, apart from blood test request
Sue x

Hi and welcome! I'm from Wakefield area and was referred in Oct and saw consultant at the end of Nov. I now have to wait untill 26 March when I finally have a place on a 12 week weight management course. After that if you've lost 5% you get referred back to the consultant who puts in for funding, arranges you to attend seminar, have further tests and puts you on the waiting list. Good luck and I hope its a quick wait for you x

Hi again, its really nerve racking, I feel this is all I have to get my life back on track, my skinny old self would have never in a million years thought I would be going for weight loss surgery but I just cant carry on this way, ive reached the point of no return. I have tried slimming world, ww, camridge ext.. I have lost 12 stone alltogether and put it all back on plus more! ... Thankyou for your replies, it would be lovely to meet some new friends along the way x

Thankyou for the info x

Hi cld, wow that was quick for you to get appointment, please let me know how you get on, i was referred in january but havent heard anything yet, apart from blood test request
Sue x

Ive not had any blood test requests ext... just this apt x

Hi there newbie from bradford :) and other newbies here lol I can totally understand exactly where your coming from, at my heaviest just over 23 stone unable to leave the house, thought my life was over. But got positive and offered a huge helping hand for the nhs and had a band fitted on thursday. I too was a smoker, which will be the first thing they will tell you to do (my surgeon said he wasn't prepared to give me life saving surgery for me to kill myself with smoking) Doctors gave me champix which was great, till it made me terribly sick, so got a e cig, but that had to go too (surgeons orders) so here i am 4 days post op a non smoker and feeling positive about my future for once. Its great here any questions just ask. From start to being banded took 3 years but was well worth the wait, as the wait put my head in the right place first :) want to chat always around (still housebound but not for much longer i hope) x x x

hello :)

x

Hi everyone, just got back from my 1st apt, and all went well, I have an apt for a sleep apnia test on monday and have to see a dietitian. I also got weighed and had bmi checked and ive lost weight! Went from having a bmi of 55 at referel to 52, dont know where I lost that but I would be very happy if it stayed away lol. She discussed a sleave and bypass im just nervous about the time the op takes. Anyway I feel it went well... x

Hi everyone, just got back from my 1st apt, and all went well, I have an apt for a sleep apnia test on monday and have to see a dietitian. I also got weighed and had bmi checked and ive lost weight! Went from having a bmi of 55 at referel to 52, dont know where I lost that but I would be very happy if it stayed away lol. She discussed a sleave and bypass im just nervous about the time the op takes. Anyway I feel it went well... x

hiya cld.well done on the bmi loss.things seem to be moving fast.i went to st luke to see all of the appointments and they are a real team.i have had a few hiccups inbetween.i had my pre assessment on the 14th jan.and my ops is booked for 13th march.my bmi hasn't changes 53.you take care.things go quite fast.

Hi soohoo, if you would like a chat you can inbox me, im unable to send inbox messages at the moment but it would be nice to talk to some whos close to home x

hiya cld.well done on the bmi loss.things seem to be moving fast.i went to st luke to see all of the appointments and they are a real team.i have had a few hiccups inbetween.i had my pre assessment on the 14th jan.and my ops is booked for 13th march.my bmi hasn't changes 53.you take care.things go quite fast.

* #19*(permalink)cld86Member*cld86's Profile Albums*cld86's Photo GalleryJoin Date: 8th February, 2014Location: BradfordPosts: 7Thanks: 2Thanked 0 Times in 0 PostsRep Power:*0Hi soohoo, if you would like a chat you can inbox me, im unable to send inbox messages at the moment but it would be nice to talk to some whos close to home x

Back