• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello i'm from Telford

Hello how lovely to live in Cornwall, I love visiting this wonderful place :) Can i ask how did you find the recovery, was it very painful and how long was you off work etc. Any info would be great.
The recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as long as you follow the eating plan and get up and moving straight away. I spent my night in hospital in ITU because there were no other beds in the hospital which ment I got 1-1 nursing every time I needed the loo the nurse was there to help me walk out to the toilet, I was off work for 6 weeks and then went back on a phased return for a month, I did get very tired to begin with but that is due to reduced intake. Unlike some people on here I told all my work colleagues that I was having the surgery and they have all been FAB very supportive. My weight loss hasn't been as fast as some on here, but it is going 3 stone 10 lb s since October and gone from a size 20 to a size 14 and my BP is now within normal limits which is great.

I bet your over the moon, and totally shocked that the date was offered to you there and then! OMG when/if this happens to me I think I will cry lol, I'm so happy for you :) i'm hoping to get my op in the summer as it will come in handy with the kids being on there hol's from school :) Tier 3 well, i know quiet a bit about this i was looking into as i thought this was what i had to do before i had the option of surgery however I think I have bypassed all this because of my previous history, but I'm not totally sure. The only downside to this journey for me is I am not sure what is going on as they are quite vague with keeping me informed i.e next step/appointments. I think this is the case for many ;-( Fingers crossed, I will have a smooth road to surgery and no real hold ups along the way, I just want the appointment letter to know i have the next appointment in the pipe line, it's the not knowing that is driving me crazy lol. I know someone who has had the surgery and wow she has lost 8-1/2 stone since aug 14, and she has said it's the best decision she has ever made and just wishes she had done it years earlier. I don't want the surgery to be skinny, far from it but to change my life and eating for the better and to be to be healthier and get more involved with my kids instead of sitting on the sideline :-( Still no letter!!

Haha really shocked and thank you. :) I was chatting to someone in the waiting room that was on the same seminar (we think) and she'd kept in touch with another women she'd met who'd been offered a date already so she had it her mind that she'd also get a date that day. I really thought that I wouldn't!

Yeah that sounds like a plan.....they can run around after you! Interesting about this Tier 3 thing. Well, it sounds like we both jumped through all the hoops before they made us do it!

It is frustrating waiting but I'm sure it's all happening behind the scenes. All of a sudden it will be all systems go and you'll be on that rollercoaster! Fingers crossed that you hear soon and the road to surgery is not the scenic route :)

Gosh that's amazing, she's done really well. It's nice to hear a positive story. I'm like you, I don't particularly want to be skinny. Maybe I'm lowering my expectations but I'd take a size 18-20 any day. Anything is better that what I'm like now. I just want to feel and look better than now! I've been watching a few videos and reading some stories and it seems some people feel disappointed to not lose all their weight. It's really on my mind hence why I'm lowering my expectations. I've never been slim so I'd secretly really love to be a size 12!! Oh dear, think I need to have a word with myself!

I did try giving them a ring on friday but got no joy and they said they would phone back, i'm still waiting! Oh can i ask how much your soup machine was, I've seen them online for around £40 but not sure which one to go for???

Oh dear, maybe try ringing again?! I think mine was £50 but I used some T*sco clubcard vouchers. Things always get reduced after I buy them :(

I went to see my parents last night and got there just as their soup maker finished. Very handy! They buy the £1 veg packs off the market and they made it with 2 leeks, a parsnip and a carrot, couple of stock pot things and water and hey presto! So cheap and really very yummy. :D

Yeah I think it's worth it. I'm not really into kitchen gadgets but when I made soup before I used a hand blender and let's just say it was a bit messy :D

Haven't had to chase at all and they seem very organised. I remembered them saying that ideally you'd see the dietician before the consultant but the appointments came a week apart in the wrong order. I rang the appointment line and they kindly swapped it all about and I got them on the same day. Lucky me saving one lot of parking fees!

Why don't you try ringing and see if they can give you an idea?
Whoopee I have had a email to tell me my letter is on it's way for my next appointment. It's in the beginning of march which is not too far away:) not sure what this is for? It's at the RSH, can i ask did you have any appointments here? if so what where they for. My other appointments have been at Telford. The soup made from the veggie pack you told me about sounds so yummy, I just love soup, especially with crusty bread :) something I will miss after surgery for sure, but hey bread is my biggest downfall especially when making sandwiches of a evening for the kids school lunches. I always try to resist, sometimes I can but not always:-( I hope your having a good week, also can I just say a BIG thanks for answering all my replies and many questions :D

The recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as long as you follow the eating plan and get up and moving straight away. I spent my night in hospital in ITU because there were no other beds in the hospital which ment I got 1-1 nursing every time I needed the loo the nurse was there to help me walk out to the toilet, I was off work for 6 weeks and then went back on a phased return for a month, I did get very tired to begin with but that is due to reduced intake. Unlike some people on here I told all my work colleagues that I was having the surgery and they have all been FAB very supportive. My weight loss hasn't been as fast as some on here, but it is going 3 stone 10 lb s since October and gone from a size 20 to a size 14 and my BP is now within normal limits which is great.
Wow that's a fabulous loss, you go girl :) I can't wait to be on the looser's bench. Talking about the pain side of things, I surpose if I can go through 4 natural labour's then I can go through this pain whether it be more painful or not, it's all going to be well worth it for a new better me, not just for myself but my 4 fabulous kids :)

Whoopee I have had a email to tell me my letter is on it's way for my next appointment. It's in the beginning of march which is not too far away:) not sure what this is for? It's at the RSH, can i ask did you have any appointments here? if so what where they for. My other appointments have been at Telford. The soup made from the veggie pack you told me about sounds so yummy, I just love soup, especially with crusty bread :) something I will miss after surgery for sure, but hey bread is my biggest downfall especially when making sandwiches of a evening for the kids school lunches. I always try to resist, sometimes I can but not always:-( I hope your having a good week, also can I just say a BIG thanks for answering all my replies and many questions :D

Hiya. Ooh you got a letter, it's all happening now. Only had PRH appointments myself but the lady I met in the waiting room had to go to RSH to meet the dietitian. I met the other dietician Viv at PRH for my appointment and I haven't seen the other one, not sure if I will? I'm sure it will all become clear!

Oh I'm craving soup today! In the last few days I've had a tummy bug then I've been to a wedding so I want something simple. I think I'll be firing up the soup maker tonight. Definitely better with bread :)

Hope you've had a good week / half-term! I'll help answer any questions if I can. Blind leading the blind! :):)

Hiya. Ooh you got a letter, it's all happening now. Only had PRH appointments myself but the lady I met in the waiting room had to go to RSH to meet the dietitian. I met the other dietician Viv at PRH for my appointment and I haven't seen the other one, not sure if I will? I'm sure it will all become clear!

Oh I'm craving soup today! In the last few days I've had a tummy bug then I've been to a wedding so I want something simple. I think I'll be firing up the soup maker tonight. Definitely better with bread :)

Hope you've had a good week / half-term! I'll help answer any questions if I can. Blind leading the blind! :):)
Hello sorry for the late reply, i've been really busy! I was so chuffed to see that piece of paper drop on my doormat, and it came far sooner than told as they said end of April so a massive bonus for for being even earlier than expected :) Can't wait, the appointment is for me to see the dietician, what happens at this visit? I'm trying to loose some of the 5% weight asked of us at the seminar but I am really struggling so I'm doing a week of no carbs to see if that will help towards the weight loss. I want to show them I am in this for the long haul, its just so much harder when I have 4 kids and a skinny yet very greedy husband who constantly want feeding! And as I'm the one who cooks all the meals it makes the dieting 10 times more difficult.I have noticed since I've been trying to loose this 5% I can say NO to foods being offered/brought far more than I ever have before, I no this can only help me in the long run. Do you think a trial for a week on the LSD would be a good idea? I have read people have trialled it before the real deal, what do you think.

Hello sorry for the late reply, i've been really busy! I was so chuffed to see that piece of paper drop on my doormat, and it came far sooner than told as they said end of April so a massive bonus for for being even earlier than expected :) Can't wait, the appointment is for me to see the dietician, what happens at this visit? I'm trying to loose some of the 5% weight asked of us at the seminar but I am really struggling so I'm doing a week of no carbs to see if that will help towards the weight loss. I want to show them I am in this for the long haul, its just so much harder when I have 4 kids and a skinny yet very greedy husband who constantly want feeding! And as I'm the one who cooks all the meals it makes the dieting 10 times more difficult.I have noticed since I've been trying to loose this 5% I can say NO to foods being offered/brought far more than I ever have before, I no this can only help me in the long run. Do you think a trial for a week on the LSD would be a good idea? I have read people have trialled it before the real deal, what do you think.

Hiya. Haha I know what you mean, life gets very busy! It's great they give you a later time frame and when they sort the appointment earlier, you're happy and they look good! Win win :)

When I saw Viv the dietician, we just had a chat about things, she repeated things about it just being a tool, it's hard work etc. She went over that long questionnaire and was happy with how much I filled in. I did waffle on a bit lol. She said it gave her an idea of how I was going to get on and that some people don't put much and it's hard for them to judge how someone will cope etc. She was so lovely. I vaguely remember at the seminar that one dietician (Viv) is more psychologically focussed and the other is more food focussed. I haven't seen the other one. That lady I met in the waiting room had only seen the other dietician, at that point, and she had to go to RSH to see her. She was actually there milling about on my last appointment but I didn't meet her.

There was another member of staff sitting in who'd actually had WLS and she was lovely and very positive about things. She gave me a couple of tips like getting a sports water bottle so that you're forced to sip rather than gulp! She also said that she used W*ltshire F*rm F*ods when she reached the puree stage as apparently they make the food look fairly normal, despite being pureed. I sent for a brochure which I haven't looked at yet. They deliver but you can also collect from St*fford Park which they kindly informed me of when they rang to see if I wanted to order! :)

I'm sure it is really hard when you've got to feed others. I'm just responsible for myself. They haven't given me a target, just said try and lose weight! I asked what would happen if I put on weight prior to my op and they said it might not go ahead. That's enough to keep me on track. Although I'm just doing my own thing and trying to make sensible choices, portion size etc, but if I want something a bit naughty, I might have it if I really, really want it. Seems to be working cause I've lost a few stone in the last 16 months. I think cutting or eating less carbs might be a good way to go. Worth a try anyway. Just focus on your goal and the big prize!

I thought about a trial of the lsd but then I decided not to. I did C*mbridge a few years ago and those first few days were hard. I think I'm more a 'it'll be alright on the night' kind of person so I'm planning on doing 2.5 week's of lsd, just in case I mess up the first day! I think the first few days will be hard but as the time goes on, it'll get easier and then the excitement / nervousness will take over and the fear of getting into surgery and then them not being able to do the surgery will keep me on the straight and narrow. Plus I'd be mortified of wasting everyone's time. God, I almost want to start it now so that my liver is the size of a postage stamp!! :D:D. If you feel you need a trial, then go for it. Do what's right for you :)

Got my date for surgery now........13th April. Aargh! Hope you're not too far behind me :)

Are you going to the support group next Monday?

Oh I hope your feeling better x

Thanks, much better :)

Hi you might find that the expense of those foods is to much you would be better doing your own and putting food in the freezer because you won't eat a full portion also it's not the time to be trying foods that you haven't had before. It's just something for you to think about. Doing your own is best because you know exactly what's in each meal :) there are some books that have been recommended that would give you some meal ideas for all the different stages.

Hi you might find that the expense of those foods is to much you would be better doing your own and putting food in the freezer because you won't eat a full portion also it's not the time to be trying foods that you haven't had before. It's just something for you to think about. Doing your own is best because you know exactly what's in each meal :) there are some books that have been recommended that would give you some meal ideas for all the different stages.

Thanks mouse! Yeah I've just looked at the brochure and you're right, a tad on the expensive side. The desserts look quite reasonable though haha :)

I do prefer scratch cooking so I'll take your advice, thank you. I need to get a new blender so I'll be pureeing everything in site!

Thanks again for the info x :)

Hiya. Haha I know what you mean, life gets very busy! It's great they give you a later time frame and when they sort the appointment earlier, you're happy and they look good! Win win :)

When I saw Viv the dietician, we just had a chat about things, she repeated things about it just being a tool, it's hard work etc. She went over that long questionnaire and was happy with how much I filled in. I did waffle on a bit lol. She said it gave her an idea of how I was going to get on and that some people don't put much and it's hard for them to judge how someone will cope etc. She was so lovely. I vaguely remember at the seminar that one dietician (Viv) is more psychologically focussed and the other is more food focussed. I haven't seen the other one. That lady I met in the waiting room had only seen the other dietician, at that point, and she had to go to RSH to see her. She was actually there milling about on my last appointment but I didn't meet her.

There was another member of staff sitting in who'd actually had WLS and she was lovely and very positive about things. She gave me a couple of tips like getting a sports water bottle so that you're forced to sip rather than gulp! She also said that she used W*ltshire F*rm F*ods when she reached the puree stage as apparently they make the food look fairly normal, despite being pureed. I sent for a brochure which I haven't looked at yet. They deliver but you can also collect from St*fford Park which they kindly informed me of when they rang to see if I wanted to order! :)

I'm sure it is really hard when you've got to feed others. I'm just responsible for myself. They haven't given me a target, just said try and lose weight! I asked what would happen if I put on weight prior to my op and they said it might not go ahead. That's enough to keep me on track. Although I'm just doing my own thing and trying to make sensible choices, portion size etc, but if I want something a bit naughty, I might have it if I really, really want it. Seems to be working cause I've lost a few stone in the last 16 months. I think cutting or eating less carbs might be a good way to go. Worth a try anyway. Just focus on your goal and the big prize!

I thought about a trial of the lsd but then I decided not to. I did C*mbridge a few years ago and those first few days were hard. I think I'm more a 'it'll be alright on the night' kind of person so I'm planning on doing 2.5 week's of lsd, just in case I mess up the first day! I think the first few days will be hard but as the time goes on, it'll get easier and then the excitement / nervousness will take over and the fear of getting into surgery and then them not being able to do the surgery will keep me on the straight and narrow. Plus I'd be mortified of wasting everyone's time. God, I almost want to start it now so that my liver is the size of a postage stamp!! :D:D. If you feel you need a trial, then go for it. Do what's right for you :)

Got my date for surgery now........13th April. Aargh! Hope you're not too far behind me :)

Are you going to the support group next Monday?

Thanks, much better :)
Wow you have a date, wicked stuff. I'm really happy for you, I can't wait to hear those words I think I will come out crying lol, struggling to drop the 5% weight. I have my appointment with the dietician next week so fingers crossed it spurs me on to loose a bit more before then as I think i've only managed to loose 4lbs since my last appointment in the middle of Jan. How's things going for you, all good I hope, did you go to the meeting on monday? How was it?

Wow you have a date, wicked stuff. I'm really happy for you, I can't wait to hear those words I think I will come out crying lol, struggling to drop the 5% weight. I have my appointment with the dietician next week so fingers crossed it spurs me on to loose a bit more before then as I think i've only managed to loose 4lbs since my last appointment in the middle of Jan. How's things going for you, all good I hope, did you go to the meeting on monday? How was it?

Ah thank you. I'm sure it won't be long for you now :)

Have you seen the dietician? How did you get on? 4lbs is great - a loss is a loss. It's so hard to lose weight, hence our need for WLS! I don't know about you, but part of me wants to eat rubbish, while I can! But then anything I put on, I'll have to lose. And I'm sick of eating crap. And I don't want them to turn around and say I can't have surgery cause I've put on weight! That's kind of enough to motivate me! Although I am have the odd 'naughty' thing, but only if I really really want it :)

I did go to the support group. It was really helpful. They had the partner of a patient who'd had surgery to talk about things from his perspective and then others chipped in. I spoke to a couple of post op patients who we're very positive about it all and gave good advice. I'd definitely go again.

Hope you're having a good week! :)

Ah thank you. I'm sure it won't be long for you now :)

Have you seen the dietician? How did you get on? 4lbs is great - a loss is a loss. It's so hard to lose weight, hence our need for WLS! I don't know about you, but part of me wants to eat rubbish, while I can! But then anything I put on, I'll have to lose. And I'm sick of eating crap. And I don't want them to turn around and say I can't have surgery cause I've put on weight! That's kind of enough to motivate me! Although I am have the odd 'naughty' thing, but only if I really really want it :)

I did go to the support group. It was really helpful. They had the partner of a patient who'd had surgery to talk about things from his perspective and then others chipped in. I spoke to a couple of post op patients who we're very positive about it all and gave good advice. I'd definitely go again.

Hope you're having a good week! :)
Hi BFB, well I had my appointment today, and it went really well and i'm so chuffed, for starters i need to get myself new weighing scales as mine are so off! I was gobsmacked when i got weighed and told i had lost 9lbs!! that's since the 19th jan :) I have now seen the dietician and been told to loose another 7lbs before i see the consultant in may i think, but i have to wait for this appointment date to come through. And if all goes to plan i should get my date for surgery, WOW i can't belive it i'm on cloud 9, i'm just gutted i don't have anyone to tell as i wanna keep this to myself untill i get the date as untill there i still don't belive that this is happening to me and i don't want the negativity form others who have no clue as they are not in my fat pair of jeans! I hope your having a good week. Not long now for you, i bet your getting excited ;-) Talk soon x

That's great news you'll do that seven pounds no problem now you have a bigger incentive keep at it :)

Hi BFB, well I had my appointment today, and it went really well and i'm so chuffed, for starters i need to get myself new weighing scales as mine are so off! I was gobsmacked when i got weighed and told i had lost 9lbs!! that's since the 19th jan :) I have now seen the dietician and been told to loose another 7lbs before i see the consultant in may i think, but i have to wait for this appointment date to come through. And if all goes to plan i should get my date for surgery, WOW i can't belive it i'm on cloud 9, i'm just gutted i don't have anyone to tell as i wanna keep this to myself untill i get the date as untill there i still don't belive that this is happening to me and i don't want the negativity form others who have no clue as they are not in my fat pair of jeans! I hope your having a good week. Not long now for you, i bet your getting excited ;-) Talk soon x

Yay I'm so pleased things went well. And what a brilliant loss. Nice surprise too if you weren't expecting it :)

You can do 7lbs. Just keep doing what you're doing cause its obviously working :) Haha I know it's hard to keep secret when you're happy but at least you've told us. I've told people like my hairdresser and the lady that does my facial, just so I can tell someone, but they're independent and won't tell anyone else I know!!

May is going to be here before you know it. My surgery is 4 weeks on Monday and since I got my date 3 weeks ago, time has gone!

I'm sort of starting the lsd next Wednesday 18th. I'm going to just do it for breakfast and lunch and then have a normal meal for dinner. I've got a lunch out on the 21st which will be 'the final supper' then i'll start properly on the 22nd which will be 3 proper weeks of lsd, and a few extra days to ease me into it! My pre-op is 31st March so hopefully, I will have lost weight! I think I've lost 5 or 6lbs since I weighed in at my last appointment on 6th Feb which I'm pleased with. Every little helps!!!

Fingers crossed you hear soon about your next appointment. So exciting.....you can almost taste it! Yummy yum yum :) :)

Have a good weekend :) x

That's great news you'll do that seven pounds no problem now you have a bigger incentive keep at it :)

Thanks hun, it sure will spur me on to loose the other 7lbs no problem, I probably have 8 weeks before my next appointment so it should be OK!! I'm still waiting for this to come through. Just the last couple of days have been a bit off as I had my middle daughters 13th birthday so there has been cake! But I did only have 1 small slice, plus i have her party on saturday so more party food :-( But I have prepared for that so fingers crossed I eat the food that I have brought for myself. How's things with you? All good I hope, I'm really looking forward to the next chaper in my journey, I just hate the waiting.....

I'm doing ok I've got a bad habit of rich tea biscuits that I have to hit on the head I'm eating to many I think I will have yo go to my golden rule don't buy it you can't eat it. I'm struggling at work with food but it's still early days so I'll just keep working at it I'm suer I'll get it right soon lol. My Wright is coming of slowly so that's ok as long ad its of.

Yay I'm so pleased things went well. And what a brilliant loss. Nice surprise too if you weren't expecting it :)

You can do 7lbs. Just keep doing what you're doing cause its obviously working :) Haha I know it's hard to keep secret when you're happy but at least you've told us. I've told people like my hairdresser and the lady that does my facial, just so I can tell someone, but they're independent and won't tell anyone else I know!!

May is going to be here before you know it. My surgery is 4 weeks on Monday and since I got my date 3 weeks ago, time has gone!

I'm sort of starting the lsd next Wednesday 18th. I'm going to just do it for breakfast and lunch and then have a normal meal for dinner. I've got a lunch out on the 21st which will be 'the final supper' then i'll start properly on the 22nd which will be 3 proper weeks of lsd, and a few extra days to ease me into it! My pre-op is 31st March so hopefully, I will have lost weight! I think I've lost 5 or 6lbs since I weighed in at my last appointment on 6th Feb which I'm pleased with. Every little helps!!!

Fingers crossed you hear soon about your next appointment. So exciting.....you can almost taste it! Yummy yum yum :) :)

Have a good weekend :) x

Hiya hun, hows things going your end, how you managing with the LSD!! Did you start this on the 18th, that was my daughters 13th? Not long now for you, I bet your getting mixed emotions, nerves and excitement :) Wow your having good weight losses:) It's amazing how much getting this surgery can change your outlook on things, regarding food my mind set has changed so much and I'm finding that I can say no to things without even hesitating where as only a few months ago I would of just took it and shoved it in my mouth without hesitation as to what I was eating and the calories now I'm checking the calories on everything that I eat and the protein content too!! And the bread which I thought I would struggle with hasn't been too bad, I've only had 3 slices since last week :) I hope you have a lovely weekend, I have a house party happening for my 13 year old so will have a houseful of kids and party food so wish me luck lol :)

I'm doing ok I've got a bad habit of rich tea biscuits that I have to hit on the head I'm eating to many I think I will have yo go to my golden rule don't buy it you can't eat it. I'm struggling at work with food but it's still early days so I'll just keep working at it I'm suer I'll get it right soon lol. My Wright is coming of slowly so that's ok as long ad its of.
My golden rule is to send my hubby to the shop lol and only buy what we need and not what I fancy as he wouldn't buy the rubbish that I would!! saves me money too LOL. My thing is crisps so I just get him to buy the ones I don't like so win win..... Yep a loss is a loss, even a little is good it soon all adds up :)

Back