• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello i'm from Telford

Hiya hun, hows things going your end, how you managing with the LSD!! Did you start this on the 18th, that was my daughters 13th? Not long now for you, I bet your getting mixed emotions, nerves and excitement :) Wow your having good weight losses:) It's amazing how much getting this surgery can change your outlook on things, regarding food my mind set has changed so much and I'm finding that I can say no to things without even hesitating where as only a few months ago I would of just took it and shoved it in my mouth without hesitation as to what I was eating and the calories now I'm checking the calories on everything that I eat and the protein content too!! And the bread which I thought I would struggle with hasn't been too bad, I've only had 3 slices since last week :) I hope you have a lovely weekend, I have a house party happening for my 13 year old so will have a houseful of kids and party food so wish me luck lol :)

Hey, I'm good thanks. Sounds like you're doing really well too. I did start on the 18th (happy birthday to you daughter!) and it's been ok. I'm only doing it for breakfast and lunch except I've not had time to have it at breakfast time so I've had 2 shakes at lunch. Felt hungry yesterday and stupidly had some chocolate. I had to nip to boots and couldn't resist a twix! Grrrr. But it's ok cause these few days are just extra. I start properly on Sunday.

I'm getting nervous and more excited. I feel ready now. I could have been having it on Monday if I'd have accepted the first date they offered but I'm happy with my decision to wait.

Ive just started using myfitnesspal app and it's great for tracking. I love scanning barcodes and it gives you all the protein, fat etc. I'm trying to keep a paper diary too.

I'm off out for lunch tomorrow, the final supper! Haha. Have a wonderful party weekend, good luck!! Catch up soon x

Hey, I'm good thanks. Sounds like you're doing really well too. I did start on the 18th (happy birthday to you daughter!) and it's been ok. I'm only doing it for breakfast and lunch except I've not had time to have it at breakfast time so I've had 2 shakes at lunch. Felt hungry yesterday and stupidly had some chocolate. I had to nip to boots and couldn't resist a twix! Grrrr. But it's ok cause these few days are just extra. I start properly on Sunday.

I'm getting nervous and more excited. I feel ready now. I could have been having it on Monday if I'd have accepted the first date they offered but I'm happy with my decision to wait.

Ive just started using myfitnesspal app and it's great for tracking. I love scanning barcodes and it gives you all the protein, fat etc. I'm trying to keep a paper diary too.

I'm off out for lunch tomorrow, the final supper! Haha. Have a wonderful party weekend, good luck!! Catch up soon x

Hiya hun how u getting on with the LSD x

Got my next appointment 30th April so fingers crossed this is for getting my surgery date?????? I really hope so :)

Hiya hun how u getting on with the LSD x

Hiya! I'm getting on really well thanks. Not really been hungry or craving anything so well chuffed. As you know, I started on the 18th half doing it and by that Saturday, I'd lost 5lbs from the previous Saturday weigh in. This Saturday, I'd lost 11lbs!! Can't believe it! Not cheated at all and not going to! Too important. On the sheets it says you can have a milky coffee and cucumber / tomatoes to keep you going but I haven't bothered. Although I've had 2 skinny lattes in C*sta tonight but that will be it!!! On the day's I'm working and doing the 4 tins of soup and 4 yoghurts, I've found it a struggle to get them all in! Madness!!

2 weeks today is op day! Fingers crossed it does go ahead. :)

Got my next appointment 30th April so fingers crossed this is for getting my surgery date?????? I really hope so :)

Oh that's brilliant, not long to go at all! I really hope you get a date that day. It's nice to find out and then you can get planning. Exciting! Got my fingers crossed its not too much longer to wait. :) x

Oh that's brilliant, not long to go at all! I really hope you get a date that day. It's nice to find out and then you can get planning. Exciting! Got my fingers crossed its not too much longer to wait. :) x
Wow I've just realised it's ur op date on Monday, that time has flown by :) I bet ur sooo excited I no I wud be. I'm sending u all my hugs and best wishes for Monday and look forward to hearing from u and ur experience of the op and how it went when ur ready and up for it :) Can I just ask u one question, how long from getting a date at the hospital from the surgeon to the actual op day was ur wait in weeks????

Wow I've just realised it's ur op date on Monday, that time has flown by :) I bet ur sooo excited I no I wud be. I'm sending u all my hugs and best wishes for Monday and look forward to hearing from u and ur experience of the op and how it went when ur ready and up for it :) Can I just ask u one question, how long from getting a date at the hospital from the surgeon to the actual op day was ur wait in weeks????

Hey, how are you?
I know, it really has flown by :) I'm really excited, can't wait for it now. My house is clean and tidy, I've made loads of soup, I'm ready!!

I initially got given a choice of 2 dates on the 6th Feb when I saw the consultant, for the 23rd or 30th March. So I think that's about 6 or 7 weeks. But I turned them down due to needing a bit of extra time and the bariatric nurse rang me on the 20th Feb to give me my op date so I think that's about 7 weeks. I'm really impressed and feel lucky. Lots of people seem to have much much longer waits.

Thanks for your best wishes. I'll update as soon as I can :)

Hope you get a date soon :)

Hey, how are you? I know, it really has flown by :) I'm really excited, can't wait for it now. My house is clean and tidy, I've made loads of soup, I'm ready!! I initially got given a choice of 2 dates on the 6th Feb when I saw the consultant, for the 23rd or 30th March. So I think that's about 6 or 7 weeks. But I turned them down due to needing a bit of extra time and the bariatric nurse rang me on the 20th Feb to give me my op date so I think that's about 7 weeks. I'm really impressed and feel lucky. Lots of people seem to have much much longer waits. Thanks for your best wishes. I'll update as soon as I can :) Hope you get a date soon :)

Good luck for Monday. I hope it goes really smoothly and I look forward to hearing about you shrinking :) ???

Good luck for Monday. I hope it goes really smoothly and I look forward to hearing about you shrinking :) ???

Thanks Debs. I look forward to being the incredible shrinking woman! :)

It will be amazing :)

I am looking forward to getting a date! Which seems to as yet elude me! X

It will come and the time will fly. It really will. Use the time to get totally ready, practically and mentally. I've done more tidying and decluttering in the last few weeks than in the last 10 years :)

I have my fingers crossed for you hun :) xx

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi. My whole family live in Telford and I did myself for many years (in Stoke now).

My niece had her bypass done in Telford in 2009. She has been absolutely fine since but if honest she had little or no support post bypass but then she was living in Hereford at the time.

I had a referral to the bariatric team at Telford for my Gall Bladder to be done after my bypass, I met a Mr Angipong who I have to say I was impressed with, but in the end got it done here in Stoke as an emergency.

Good luck on your journeys.

Bonita x

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi. My whole family live in Telford and I did myself for many years (in Stoke now).

My niece had her bypass done in Telford in 2009. She has been absolutely fine since but if honest she had little or no support post bypass but then she was living in Hereford at the time.

I had a referral to the bariatric team at Telford for my Gall Bladder to be done after my bypass, I met a Mr Angipong who I have to say I was impressed with, but in the end got it done here in Stoke as an emergency.

Bonita x

Thanks Bonita. Ah Telford. Popular place!! :) Oh dear, I'm hoping there's a bit more support now. But if not, at least I've found this lovely forum!

Hope your continuing journey goes well. Best wishes to you x :)

Me too, my appointment is the 30th so fingers crossed I get a date. The waiting hasn't been too bad as I have so much to do workwise and with 4 kids plus a extra BIG kid (the husband lol) Time does seem to have gone by quicker than expected :) Good luck for tomorrow, I am wishing you the best. Here's to a slimmer and happier you:).

Me too, my appointment is the 30th so fingers crossed I get a date. The waiting hasn't been too bad as I have so much to do workwise and with 4 kids plus a extra BIG kid (the husband lol) Time does seem to have gone by quicker than expected :) Good luck for tomorrow, I am wishing you the best. Here's to a slimmer and happier you:).

Oh these next 2 weeks will fly and I'm sure you'll get a date then. How exciting. When you know surgery is imminent, it sure makes you get organised and use all your time to get sorted out. Can't imagine how hard it it is to organise 5 kids!!! I'm on my own so I've just got myself to sort out :)

Thanks very much! Speak soon xx :)

Hello lovely how you doing, how was it? this wait is getting me down and the weight doesn't seem to be shifting :-( i Dont wanna weight myself either just want the 30th to hurry up and come now so i know what i am doing next. I really hope i get a date, so i have something to plan for x

Bonita x
Yeah i do no someone who has said that the aftercare isn't up to much :-( I will just have to see for myself once i am that far ahead on my journey if i ever get there! Telford is a wonderful place i have been here since i was 14, originally from birmingham. Hows ur journey going for you, all good i hope x

Hello lovely how you doing, how was it? this wait is getting me down and the weight doesn't seem to be shifting :-( i Dont wanna weight myself either just want the 30th to hurry up and come now so i know what i am doing next. I really hope i get a date, so i have something to plan for x

Hey hun, I'm great thanks. Can't believe this time a week ago I was waking up in recovery!! I feel much better than I thought I would at this stage. I've got a diary in the diaries section if you want a blow by blow account lol :)

I don't feel hungry or thirsty but trying to keep sipping. Still a bit windy but not in pain with it. Getting up and down off the sofa or bed is getting easier, I really struggled the first couple of days. So yeah, pretty happy really! :)

I really hope this happens for you soon. Keep fighting and keep positive, it will happen. The 30th is getting so close. Just hang on in there, the wait will be worth it and it's only a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. Your new life is coming. :) :)

xx

So all is well, I'm chuffed for you, how's the weight loss? I remember when I had my gastric band it hurt like hell. I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse, but hey it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, less pain than child labour so was ok lol ;-) I really do hope this is my appointment for a surgery date as I am getting very impatient now ;-( The scales are not being my friend either as I am really trying but have only managed to lose 3lbs in 7 weeks! I'm p***ed off as I have tried very hard and only had a couple of evenings were I've thought stuff it and had a few drinks. My way of distressing after a week of utter madness that is always the case in my house! Sorry for the rant. Anyway I hope your enjoying the lovely weather. Speak soon xx

So all is well, I'm chuffed for you, how's the weight loss? I remember when I had my gastric band it hurt like hell. I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse, but hey it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, less pain than child labour so was ok lol ;-) I really do hope this is my appointment for a surgery date as I am getting very impatient now ;-( The scales are not being my friend either as I am really trying but have only managed to lose 3lbs in 7 weeks! I'm p***ed off as I have tried very hard and only had a couple of evenings were I've thought stuff it and had a few drinks. My way of distressing after a week of utter madness that is always the case in my house! Sorry for the rant. Anyway I hope your enjoying the lovely weather. Speak soon xx

Hey hun. All ok here thanks. I'm going to start driving again today which is just as well as one of my wounds is still weeping so I've got a nurse appointment later. Other than a bit tired, I'm ok. Lost about 10.75lbs officially (weigh in on a Monday) but I have jumped on the scales the odd time and it's sometimes varies showing another few pound lost or nothing at all. My body has been through a lot, and I'm sticking to the rules so I'm not going to worry if the scales don't show anything, it will come off. :)

There's nothing I can say to take away your frustration of having to wait. I just really hope you find our more next week. Have a good weekend :) xx

Back