• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello im new!!

hlow86

Hello everyone I'm new on here and have my seminar at north tees on 24th July. Just wanted to put myself out here for advice and general support.
Helen x

Hi and welcome Helen :) .. Ask all the questions you need. Somebody will be here to answer them :)

Hi Helen. Lovely to meet you

Hi everyone

Thank you for replying. I was wondering how much weight you've got to lose and in what timescale before your op? And also how many appointments do you usually have before it?
Thank you x

Welcome to the forum

Hi everyone

Thank you for replying. I was wondering how much weight you've got to lose and in what timescale before your op? And also how many appointments do you usually have before it?
Thank you x

Lost just under 8st with the same to lose again. Achieved both on my own and with a gastric balloon.
Orthopaedic surgeon started ball rolling by speaking to our local hospital bariatric consultant in march 2012 who in turn made referral for funding after I met with him in July 2012. Funding granted in December 2012 when I finally met my bariatric team. Balloon fitted February 2013 and next month hopefully the gastric bypass...fingers crossed
There you go my summarised journey :)

Hi femfrankie

Thanks for replying how well you've done! What is the weight guideline to lose generally befor surgery tho? Xx

Hi thanks I've lost 9lbs so far I hope they take that into account when I see the nurse the first time.

Is anyone at north tees x

Hi, I'm at north tees too. Had my seminar April 17th then first app with nurse 10th may then with consultant 25th June. I have the ok for the op but surgeon wants me to address an issue I have before he will give me a definate date. I see him again August 20th if he's happy I'll get my date he thinks about October time. I was expected to loose 6kg before I saw surgeon in June x

Thanks kaz gives me more of an idea of what to expect. You will have to let me know how you get on. Xx

Hi femfrankie

Thanks for replying how well you've done! What is the weight guideline to lose generally befor surgery tho? Xx

This is very dependent on your providers Helen. Before I got funding I was told 10% loss was expected just to get funding. I already knew with all the health issues I have it was deemed I had to get down to 50BMI before they would operate. Hope to hear in just over 2 weeks time when that will be.
The more weight you can get off the better before any operation but providers are getting stricter with those who do not reach their targets refusing or delaying the operation. Hopefully someone from North Tees will be able to tell you more about what is expected ;)

Thanks! I'm minus 9lbs and I started 24th June my referral date I'm trying to get my mind set for permanent change and to show them I'm serious and ready for this life change.
Do you have any diet tips?
Helen x

Well done :).
You basically have answered your own question. It is mostly about mind set and recognising where your bad habits are & why? Then learning how to deal with the triggers. Stress is a major one for me and I get round this by keeping busy and focusing on something else. My diet is mostly lean protein, very little carbs & drinking loads as per the guidance of my teams dietician. Working so far :) x

Back