• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello lovelys newbie here

emmie18

Hey all , im from cornwall

My name is emma im 33 , im rubbish with computers, apart from facebook
My lovely doctor at the hospital has said he is happy to put me forward for wls - i want a sleeve, - it was touch and go for a bit because my dietitian said i might not fit the criteria anymore , but thank ye gods my surgeon was like yeah im happy to do it !!! I would love to hear from everyone , i want to know everything ;) -- like any idea what happeneds now ? Is it just a waiting game ? Whats your experiences , how long was your wait ? Ive been going to the hospital for 13 months at the moment , erm i dont really know what else to say -- apart from hello , nice to meet you all xxx

Hi Emmie, I am a bypasser and want to wish you well on your wls journey there are a lot of people you can hook up with on here. I know these ops seem like a good long wait but it really does give you time to get your head around things. xx

Hello Emmie!
like christa I too am a bypasser of just 4 months and im loving it
all the very best to you ,keep posting the more you do the ,more the site opens up to you

hi Emmie, welcome to the forum. it is a great place for support. I was referred in October 2012 and finally had a bypass last May. Dr Creely is the first person I saw at the endocrine centre, he is the first port of call when going for bariatrics, but as far as I'm aware he is not a surgeon, which surgeon did you see that said yes to a sleeve? was it dishy Mr Clarke or (I have heard a bit brisk) Mr Finlay, could have been Cota too? have you done your 6 months dietitian appointments yet?

Hi Emmie, I'm a Devon based sleever. 4 months post op.

Good luck with everything - sorry I can't help on the 'what happens now' though as I had my op in London.

Hi Emma, what part of Cornwall are you from? :) I'm based near Hayle, was bypassed by Mr Cota on 3rd December 2014. Seems like a million years ago but best decision I've ever made. Good luck with your journey. The team there are fab... xx

To add - Dr Creely runs the WL clinics, he sent off the referral to the surgeons, whom will review your case. I saw the surgeons in late September 2014, then had my operation beginning of December 2014. Not much time waiting between. At the surgeon meeting, you meet a surgeon (I met Mr Finlay) who asks you why you want the surgery etc, which one etc. He then sends it to the funding MDT, who decide yay/nay. I got a yay and heard back pretty quickly. After the surgeon meeting I had 5 vials of blood taken for pre-op tests. It went really quickly from meeting surgeon to operation, I had Mr Cota operate on me, then at an outpatient appointment met Mr Clarke post surgery, so have now met the whole team. :)

:welcome2:Emmie
All the best with your journey, i was Sleeved in November and everything going well.

Hi fellow Cornish lass :) a huge huge warm welcome to a fab friendly site.... i was banded at Treliske back in feb last year....this have changed a lot since my time lol i was in the loop for best part of 3 years, but things seem to run smoother and quicker these days..... The lovely Mr Creeley is just the consultant you will get to meet the surgeon at the mdt meeting in due course. Just really wanted to wish you well....and to say theres a few of us from own this end who meet up occasionally for coffee, which your very welcome to join of course..... all the best sweetness keep us posted x x x

Lol see ive learnt something already !! Ok i saw mr creely last week and he said he was happy to agree to the op ! ( i thought that was him as a surgeon saying yes lol ) - ive been going to the hospital since jan last year ive done the group thing with dietician, and the food dairys and the 6 month one to ones , plus a couple more , and ive seen (please forgive my spelling) the phycologist, who was lovely she was happy and was gonna go to some meeting before xmas not heard anything so no news is good news lol - i only seen mr creely once which was last week , before that he was off (last year ) and i saw a lady she was really lovely as well ! (Is it dr dougal ) -- so im not sure where i am now, might ring today im sure ive got another app soon with dietician, im so crap at keeping on top of it all

- im in truro so not too far away from hayle :) ooooo how exciting , so no one regretting it then ? Anyone wish they had someone different done ? - so what can i look at on this site , gonna have a good old nose through in a bit

thank u all for taking the time to say hi xxx

That one showed up , and i think this one will , so now looking like a right nutter lol lets try again .......
i thought dr creely was my surgeon saying yes lol so he must of agreed to put me forward for the op , - ive been going to the hospital since jan last year , ive done the group thingy , the food diary and the one 2 ones with the dietitian, and ive seen ( forgive my spelling) the psychologist, who was lovely , she was happy and said all ok , ive only seen creely once and that was last week, when i went last year i saw a dr dougal , she was so lovely ,o im really not sure where i am now then lol !! Esp as im skipping myself on and seeing surgeons that dont exist lol
Ooooo how exciting , no one regretting it yet then ?

Oh my ive just realised that im posting replys and re writing them , and its clearly saying post needs to be approved! ! ( so blonde) llooooolll right im off to change my name and come back as someone new lol

LOL don't worry hunni it takes awhile to get used to site.... once you've been around awhile reply's go straight thru its just because you new..... site opens up more as you get posting too so keep on posting LOL

Hope your dry where ever you are :) its blooming wet and windy here and brrrrrr cold lol i'm lands end way x x x

Im in truro , im just up thé road from you , - i am going to ring thé dietian on monday - So will know à bit more then , ive been reading up on thé sleve on here. So much info , was looking at your pictures wow you have done fantastic job xxx

emmie, some of us are looking to meet up for coffee at Costa (opposite treliske hospital) in half term week! check out the cornwall coffee time thread if you would like to join us. date to be confirmed. hope yr doing ok. x

Back