• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello new & very excited about the Sleeve!

triedeverything

I've got my first appointment tomorrow with Mr Shaw Somers. I'm really hoping he will agree to give me the Gastric Sleeve surgery and that we can schedule it as soon as possible. Does anyone know how quickly this can be arranged (with BMI) privately from 1st appointment to surgery date?

I know I may sound impatient (well I am a bit) but I have been waiting for the first appointment for over a month and have been thoroughly researching all the options during this time and have come to the conclusion, without any doubt, that the sleeve is for me.

I am a carb queen with portion size problems.. I need the restriction and the life long change the sleeve will bring with minimal follow ups (assuming there are no problems along the way of course).

I really hope this works for me, I have PCOS, underactive Thyroid and have historically struggled to lose weight. I am 18st 5lbs at the moment with very sore knees and 46 yrs old. Having lost a lot of my excess weight the traditional way over a number of years (about 6 yrs ago) I have watched it slip back on with dread as I just know I haven't got it in me to do that again as my knees hurt too much to exercise as hard as I did before. I was a slow loser too, took years of effort. I am only worried that even with the sleeve's help I will lose slowly after the surgery but I will work hard to follow the rules and hope it will help. As soon as I can exercise again, I will be back using my gym subscription I still have and cracking on.

I can't wait until I get a surgery date!

Back