• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello - Newbie here

Jamast

[FONT=&quot] Hi, I am a 48 year old wife/mother/Grandma. I've 3 adult children and am the legal Guardian for my 9 year old Grandson (since he was 5 months old).
We live in Cornwall and I've been fighting to have WLS since 2007, but have been hitting brick walls, ignorant Doctors; Doctors who simply cannot be bothered; misinformed Doctors; consultants have left, I've had major illnesses/accidents, been on massive waiting lists, competed with ever changing goal posts etc., etc. since that time. However, last Monday almost five years since starting this journey), I finally spoke to the consultant who is putting in a funding bid for my surgery. She feels that they will recommend the bypass instead of the band and I've actually been coming around to this way of thinking for some time now. I've obviously had a couple of days to think about it and now it looks like finally happening I am very nervous (to say the least). Not that I am changing my mind at all. On the one hand I cannot wait, knowing that in a couple of years’ time I can look back and think that it has all been worth it; but on the other hand - HELP!!!!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

welcome hun
hope your journey goes well xxx

Thank You. I have a long way to go. Currently weigh around 25 1/2 stones. I know it can be sometime before funding is approved and then perhaps longer for an actual date.

Is there anyone else from Cornwall and/or anyone who went through the NHS route - I love to hear your experiences.

Well you're among friends now so whatever the time limit we will try and make it seem shorter keep posting your thoughts and we will all try and help reassure you and pick you up when you are feeling down. everyone needs support xx

Hiya and welcome, I'm not from cornwall so cant help but I did initially want a band but was recomended the bypass at first I was a bit unsure, But I had my bypass in November and already Im nearly 6 stones lighter so it was the best thing Ive ever done, I've had no pain or problems. Hope you have a quick journey x

Thank You all for the wlecome.
safc_chick - wow 6 stones since Nov, thats fantastic - well done!!

Looking forward to the journey, but don't want to wait any longer lol

Hi and welcome!! I'm sure you will find lots of support and information here, I know I surely have.. Hope your journey goes well xx

hi, just wanted to say n welcome to the site. i am a pre-opper and waitin for sleeve op on 03rd may so can't really advise you on bypass but am sure loads of peeps on here will be in touch soon xx

:welcome:

Welcome n good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi and welcome ! You will get all the love and support you need here x looking forward to reading your updates !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck! Hope it now happens quickly for you! X

Thank You everyone. It's only been a week since the doc said she was putting in a funding bid. She did say it can take up to three months, it already seems like a lifetime. I will be a nervous wreck by this rate lol.

The news will come when you least expect it. I ts like trying to get pregnant you watch and wait each month and the minute you forget about it bang your pregnant. Things always happen when they are furthest from. xx your mind good luck xx

Do keep chasing them up on it. Politely of course. For whatever reason, many of us have had run arounds, notes going missing, misinformation etc.

Welcome to the site
Everyone here is great, so supportive.
I am currently on my pre-op diet and although my journey has not taken as long as yours I can really feel for you
I really hope you hear soon hun x

I am beginning to feel a little guilty the more i read this site.

To me it seems that I've had a very easy journey to my surgery, compared to a lot of people here that have had to fight every step of the way...

Enquired about it May/June 2011 first check Oct/Nov 2011, Op April 2012.

good luck on your journey and hope its soon \. i find this site very good opened my eye and i understand alot more now

Back