• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie northwest

pinklady130868

Hi everyone :)
I've been reading posts on this site for a while before I've been brave and happy enough to post.
I received my letter for funding today from Halton and St Helens primary care trust. I presume now that I wait for an appointment at spire hospitals to arrive.
It's been a long journey for me to get to this point, but I firmly believe in the life changing benefits that surgery has to offer. I am a type 2 diabetic on metformin, asthmatic and suffer with mental health problems. I know that a lot of my weight gain has been due to medication, Aswell as unhealthy eating. I've only been diagnosed diabetic for 12 months but I've been quite poorly with it. I attended the x-pert course which I found was very helpful. Since then I've manage to reassess my eating to a much healthier diet.
I know that although I have the initial funding it is the surgeon who will have the final say to whether surgery goes ahead.
All I know is that I'm very committed and feel very privileged to be given the help and fingers crossed that I reach the goal.
I'm interested in chatting to any people that may live under the same pct.

Welcome to the site n Congrats on ur funding Hun n good luck wiv ur weight loss n op ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

welcome pinklady, and good luck :) xxx

welcome pink lady, you did not mention were you are from.??

Thanks to all your well wishers :) I've spent the last 24 hrs since getting the letter pinching myself to see if it's real lol. I'm so pleased I've joined this group now as I feel I will gain lots of support :)

Hi hun, I too with Halton and St Helens, been through same as you... I got my first consultation on Tuesday at Spire Regency in Macclesfield.

Are you from St Helens, Widnes, Runcorn??

What did your letter say about funding? Mine just says I have got funding to see the consultant and it depends on what they say to get it for op???????

Welcome Pinklady, hope your journey to the lighter side is a smooth one xxx

fizzwoods said:
Hi hun, I too with Halton and St Helens, been through same as you... I got my first consultation on Tuesday at Spire Regency in Macclesfield.

Are you from St Helens, Widnes, Runcorn??

What did your letter say about funding? Mine just says I have got funding to see the consultant and it depends on what they say to get it for op???????

Hi fizz
I'm in the Runcorn area. The letter I've received says that it is for the initial consultations. Full funding will be given when you show commitment to change lifestyle and adhere to pre-op diet. My Dietitions have gone through this with me.
Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday, and please let me know how you get on :) x

Hi Pinklady,

Mine says exactly the same... I will let you know what they say tomoz.
Only thing I can say will go bad for me is that all the time I was on the weight management I never lost any weight and only maintained twice?? My dietician said that they may ask for me to loose a bit more weight???????!!!!

Don't worry about the appt and loosing more weight as you have to loose some before the op anyway when you go on the liver reducing diet.
I had only maintained weight for over a year, then since I started on my diabetic diet I've started very slowly loosing.
I've spoken to my Dietition today who says I just have to wait for an appt to come through now from spire, it may take upto 6 weeks :-( how long did you have to wait for your appt to come through from spire? X

Very quick, about a week!!!!:)

I mithered the girl, 'Amy' who does all the appointments at Spire.. I used to ring weekly to see if they had had my letter from PCT!!!! She rang me to let me know that they had received it and that she would prob have me an appointment by the end of that week.:D
I rang her on the Monday to question my letter re funding from PCT, she reassured me and then let me know my appointment date, 29th Nov. I asked what time scale I was looking at then and she said that surgery would more than likely be January!!!!

Have you got the telephone number of Spire?? I have if not.;)

Hi Pinky,

This number is for the office at Macclesfield, but they do all referrals there.
01625 505490, the girl I spoke to was 'Amy', just ask the person who answers the phone to put you through to her. I am sure she will help you!!!
xx

Thankyou fizz for the number. I've just spoken to Amy about when my appt will be and she said I will be seem mid December :)
Hope to hear from you later about how it went for you. Fingers and toes crossed that it goes well x

Everything went ok, I met the dietician and consultant. He says that he is happy to do the operation and explained everything and all the risks. He wants me to loose between 1-2 stone on pre op diet!!!!?????????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My operation is looking to be end of January begin of February...:party0023:

Wow sounds very positive :) I'm really pleased for you. I suspect that we may even have ours around the same time if as Amy says I get to see consultant mid December.
A very nervous/excited aaaarrgh :)

Back