• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello. newbie here.

Rachanmy

hi everyone. just found this site. what a godsend. ive been feeling quite alone in my weight loss journey so far. i,m due to have my surgery on 24th this month and 3 days into the liver shrinkage diet. starving and anxious about surgery.

thanks cupid

still trying to find my way around the site but feel much more at ease already. i do hope the hunger does stop soon. thanks for your info. x:)

hiya and welcome...
Day 4 -5 is defo the point that the hunger goes for most..
I think its due to lack of carbs and Ketosis.. (VLC Diets tend to work through ketosis)
It makes the hunger go as long as you stay away from the carbs..
I have done lots of liquid diets over the years (unsuccessfully pmsl) and it does get easier as the days pass..
Good luck with your surgery I hope to join you soon x

Hi, I'm just 2 weeks a ahead of you, as I had my bypass last Thursday. I'm still hospital due to minor complications. But this site is a wealth of information.

My liver shrinkage was very tough. I needed to lose 16 kg and I lost 9 in the end. They were pleased with this. After day 5, I started to feel better.

Good luck and keep posting.

Xx

thanks 4 the support. x

thank you everyone for your replies. Hope you are feelin better jevf. I,m now day six on the LFD and day eight of givin up smoking so i feel like i,m being hit with a rounders bat from all directions!!. Still no pain no gain so they say or in our case loss!!. Hows everyone else doing?. X:)

Hi Rach good luck with the rest of your liver shrinking diet only advice I can offer is make sure you drink plenty of fluids so you dont dehydrate. Good luck for op. x

Back