• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Sandy from Wolverhampton here.......

Sandy_1978

Hello everyone my name is Sandy and I am 32yr and weigh in around 32st to my knowledge. I am just waiting on a 1st appointment to go see Dr A. Khan in Walsall for WLS, and I just come across this site when looking on google for a support site.

I have looked through the many forums and have noticed there is not many guys on here, so I urge you guys out there to please let me know your stories so I can see if it is what I want to do.

I know my BMI is over 60 and I don't want to die like my Aunt who passed away nearly 2 years ago through obesity.

Anyway if your a guy or lady please get in touch so we can get to know each other. I need your support everyone.

Sandy XOXOXOXOX

Hi Sandy and :welcome2: to WLS. There are a few guys here and Im sure they will be along soon to introduce themselves. We all support one another on here and you will find whatever you ask soneone will have the answer.
Im pre-op too, hopefully just awaiting a surgery date. Good luck on your journey and dont be a stranger :D x

Hi Sandy and :welcome2: to WLS. There are a few guys here and Im sure they will be along soon to introduce themselves. We all support one another on here and you will find whatever you ask soneone will have the answer.
Im pre-op too, hopefully just awaiting a surgery date. Good luck on your journey and dont be a stranger :D x
Hey Jacqui, thanks for the lovely welcome, can I ask how long you have waited so far from your first appointment till now? Just so I can get an idea in my head x

Hi Sandy

I too am from good old Woollyhampton :). I had my surgery 20 days ago with Mr Khan @ Walsall Manor. There are a whole lot of us Walsall Manor patients on here and some of us attend a support group once a month at Great Wyrley. I myself meet a couple of other Manor patients regularly for coffee and a natter and you would be more than welcome to come along to that if you'd like! Why not add me on facebook and we can have a chat? I will try and answer any questions you may have and am 100% willing to be an ear to talk to and give support to you :) My email is [email protected]

There is also a thread on here called The Walsall Massive which is full of us Manor patients...

Hope to chat soon xx

Hi & welcome... I'm also pre-op & have had such great advice & support from this forum. Good luck with yr journey. x

Hi Sandy i am also a pre -op with a date for 20th july . This site is brilliant you will get all the advuice , help and support you want. A s jacqui said there are some men they will be along soon. keep your eyes open for mixxy hes a true inspiration x

Hi sandy and welcome. this group is great for getting advice and everyone is so friendly. Good luck with ur journey and lets hope its a speedy one x:welcome2::)

Its been about 16 months up till now, but I did have a few misshaps along the way with paperwork going missing at the hospital etc. So maybe it would have been that long. The waiting really is the worse thing! It seems like it will never be your turn but it will, you just have to be patient, even though it will drive you nuts :D Good Luck X

welcomb Sandy, you will get what help you need hear from experiences, even the girls help is valid and will be more than willing to, but so are the guys who will reply to you i'm sure

Hi Sandy and :welcome2:.This is really a good site and i know you will find all the help and support you will need.
Good luck Marie.

Hi Sandy, Just wondering how things are going for you and how far along you ae now? I have my 1st appointment tomorrow.
Linski xx

Welcome Sandy, im a newbie too and found the people on here lovely and welcoming. I was referred bout 5 week ago so fairly new to the system just waiting to hear if i have funding or not.
jayne

Sandy if you are still lurking i'm just letting you know that funding is not an issue for patients from wolverhampton pct :)

Have you heard anything yet?

:welcome2:Hi Sandy and welcome to this fantastic forum, i really hope that you find all the help and support you need.
Mariexx

Back