• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELLO THERE..a little update from me..Woohoo!!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
hello all....

sorry i havent been posting for a while..but heres how Im going..
well since surgery in sept things have changed sooo much!
I can run up the stairs,walk without getting out of breath,tie my shoes up without passing out!..lol
And Ive been twice to the play centre with my kids and loved climbing and going on the slides.
In general ive got so much more energy and its great,and will get even better!
And to top it off I needed some jeans,so off I went into the sales and I now am a size 18..woohoo,and I was a size 26!!
Ive lost 4 and a half stone,the weight is coming off nice and steady(as I dont want it to come off to quickly as I dont want to be poorly and lose my hair.
Now...Ill be honest and say I have struggled at times,as Im finding I still get foods stuck quite a lot,and suffer with sickness at times,but Im on meds for this so that helps a great deal.
I know my water intake needs to improve,so I wonder if this is the reason i get foods stuck often(my tubes are lubricated)or does that sound silly?
My family cannot get over on how much weight Ive lost,and Ive had people take a second look at me!which feels great.
I just wanted to write this incase anyone is considering surgery soon,because Its the best feeling ever to get your energy levels back and to be able to join in things Ive not done for years...AND ITS GOING TO GET BETTER!!

hope you are all well xxxx

Thats so great hun - so happy for you :)
xxx
z.

Reactions: Bev
Hi Em.,

I do miss hearing from you and getting my little messages from you precious... hope you are soon feeling much better with the 'sticking' problem....

Em., what a tremendous achievement to be down to a size 18 in such a short space of time....

I'm over the moon for you!

I'll be asking you for tips if my op goes ahead in around 3 weeks time!

Love and hugs Angel, so pleased you have posted xxx

Im doing great Em, Ive lost over 5 stone now :eek: I can hardly believe it. I feel so much better already although I still have a long way to go :D I still get food stuck like you too and it causes me some pain and distress when this happens, the dreaded rabid dog!! I would still do it again in a heartbeat though :D XX

five stone,thats brilliant....i seem to get food stuck quite a lot.but Im not sure ifs it eating to fast or im eating to much at one time...im not greedy honest...lol
i just got to learn,how are you with fluids intake?
i was going to ring salford to ask chris if my water intake might be causing food to get stuck,but knowing my luck ill get told off..lol

Im not great on water intake TBH :eek: I try but I really hate water! I have about 5 brews a day or more, but very weak and I try and have a drink of NAS too. Im at Mr Ammoris clinic next week so I will see Chris and he will probably tell me off! I think sometimes I eat too fast, I do try but forget sometimes! Also I think I forget sometimes and the peices I eat of meat are maybe a bit bigger than they should be.....I remember Chris saying they sould be no bigger than your little finger nail :eek: XX

hiya em, good news then, well done, youve done great, im so pleased for you, and you too dotty, youve done so well, it dosnt seem 2 minutes since you both had surgery, and here you are stones lighter, the pair of you, good luck to you both, and i hope it carries on for you like it is now, only i hope that your getting stuff stuck eases off soon.
big hgs to you both, xxxxxx

Thanks Dawn hun, Its good to see you back :D Im sure the stuck food thing is just getting used to the way we have to eat and the size of the meat pieces.......I hope :D XX

hi dawny..

are you well?
I missed our little chats!
Ive just been getting on with things,trying to adjust to my new life..lol
Ive had a few tears along the way,but im very happy,and wouldnt change it for anything.

I'm taking it in my stride thank you Angel... I just wish I could have had it done years ago!

Once I have my insulin sorted, I'll feel better... I'm working on it.

Thrilled to bits for you Em and hope you may think about coming to Llandudno on 30th July. Be great to see you.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

well done to you all on brilliant weight losses i cant wait to be joining you in the ammori club. I cant believe you have lost nearly 5 stone over a couple of months you are great inspiration to people like me and im glad to be amongst you all. Im now on the waiting list too and keep wishing for that golden ticket through the letterbox. How long does Mr Ammoris dates normally take from going on the waiting list? Is it going to be ages as my hubby is itching to book our summer holiday and i keep putting him off lol (have to go to cyprus at some point this year to visit my family in paphos and really want to shock them with my weight loss. Being typical greek cypriots they are very forward with their comments about my weight and it does hurt after getting it for years lol) im sure it wont be that long as the advised around 12 weeks - just wishful thinking i think. my life seems to be nothing but a long old wait after 2 1/2 years you think id have patience lol xxx

Hi Em, lovely to hear from you and i'm so pleased things are going so well.
Re: food getting stuck: I find that if i eat too fast, don't chew enough, or eat things that are a bit tough I have issues. Not otherwise. I am much better since I increased my fluid intake though.
I tend to drink about a litre of water through the day and another 2 in the evening.

Back