• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello thurrr Ladies and Gents :)

chunkyboo

Heyyyyy!!

I am a newbie here, my name is Becky I am 22 years old with 2 daughters :family2:I work part time and attend college full time.

I was banded on the 10th April 2011, I started the whole procedure at a whopping 25 stones! :cry: To date I am down to 23 stones and 4 lbs, so a loss of 10 lbs altogether :( I really was hoping to be a whole lot smaller by now.

I had surgery with The Hospital Group, and Mr David Hewin carried it out. I had a large band fitted with 5ml to start of. I have had 2 fills since and I am up to 8ml. My dietician says I will not get restriction til I am up to around 10ml - 12ml.

I have a fill booked for the end of this month and next too.

Is it just me or everyone? But I feel let down at the moment. I can lose 10lbs in a week on my own. I just can't wait to start seeing some results. (Partly my fault, I haven't really dieted along side my band.)

It's nice to be here, with others in the same boat as me, and BONUS - There is an app for this site on iPhone!! :D

I'm a bypasser so cant offer much help with the band. Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome. This is a great site and you will get lots of help and advice from all the lovely banders on here x

Hiya Becky, welcome to the site. What you're feeling is natural, until we get our restriction right it is slow going, but we will get there. I feel like I lose 2lbs and then put 1lb back on the next week, which is frustrating, but I will get there.

Anyway, take care, we're here for support xx

Heyyyyy!!

I am a newbie here, my name is Becky I am 22 years old with 2 daughters :family2:I work part time and attend college full time.

I was banded on the 10th April 2011, I started the whole procedure at a whopping 25 stones! :cry: To date I am down to 23 stones and 4 lbs, so a loss of 10 lbs altogether :( I really was hoping to be a whole lot smaller by now.

I had surgery with The Hospital Group, and Mr David Hewin carried it out. I had a large band fitted with 5ml to start of. I have had 2 fills since and I am up to 8ml. My dietician says I will not get restriction til I am up to around 10ml - 12ml.

I have a fill booked for the end of this month and next too.

Is it just me or everyone? But I feel let down at the moment. I can lose 10lbs in a week on my own. I just can't wait to start seeing some results. (Partly my fault, I haven't really dieted along side my band.)

It's nice to be here, with others in the same boat as me, and BONUS - There is an app for this site on iPhone!! :D

Hi becky, although the fills help with weight loss dont forget that you cant spend your time waiting for a fill, work with what you have at the minute, plenty of exercise and a good diet plan... if you keep waiting for a fill you wont loose quickly...sorry i am not trying to preach.. its just me speaking from experience xxx

Just wanted to say 'welcome'!

Thankyou ladies for the warm welcome! :)

I know, I really have to start using this band and not make any excuses, after all I paid a hell of a lot of money for me to not use it to its full potential.

I am working on it as of tonight, when I finish work, it is home and make a PLAN OF ACTION :D

Hi Becky - I was banded on 5th July have been hungry every day since ! I've had one fill which hasn't made any difference but I made a conscious effort to choose more textured foods which has helped - for instance I always take a roast dinner to work on a Monday but forgot the gravy last week and found that I couldn't finish it all - so I'm not having gravy anymore. Instead of having grapes mid morning I now have 2 rivetas which give great restriction. Don't lose faith - 10lbs is good !!! I look at it as I've made a significant investment in myself so I want a good return - try choosing different foods for a week - you may get a pleasant surprise !

Good luck on your journey

Michelle xxx

I know exactly where you are coming from. I was banded on 5th May and have lost 2 stone and 1lb whilst others banded about the same time have lost much more than me. My problem is exercise - I am working long hours at the moment ( in an office so sat on my fat bum most of the day) and am too tired when I get home. I haven't found my sweet spot yet so my meal sizes are about half of what I used to have not the elusive couple of mouthfuls and full. Plus I am still snacking and having wine. I need to sit down and get my head together and think why I have spent £6k to do this. I think we all think it is a miracle cure but a band is just an aid to dieting in my opinion - the hard work is just beginning. Good luck with it all and take heart in the fact you are not the only one struggling. Sharon x

hiya and :welcome2:to the forum. congrats on your surgery!! Mr Hewin banded me also and you have to remember you are now on your own personal journey and i no its difficult to do but stop comparing your stats too other banders!;) your right start using it too its potential ryvita are an excellent way to test restriction i find :17729: and the first few months are alot of trial and error while we find our sweet spot and work out which foods work best with our bands. My best friend is my fitness pal try calorie counting to keep you on track:) sorry to ramble HTH good luck use the forum it will really help:banana dancer:

welcome.gif

Hiya. Welcome. To admit perhaps you haven't been 100% committed is the first step. Contrary to what a lot of people think we Banders have not chosen the easy option. The band will help you, but you are your greatest asset. So pleased to read that you have decided to take action. Good luck and keep us updated with your progress xx

Chunkypoo, welcome fellow bander. Like others have written, being banded is just another tool to help you lose weight. You really need to get the mental battle under control as well, myfitnesspal ( another great tool and iphone app) really helps. I also work on goal setting as well because this my journey, even though I am supported by all the wonderful people on this site. Some weight loss goals are achieved better than others, normally i set mini goals so that when they are completed they make up a big goal.

Like you i work in office, with long hours, but i wear a pedometer so i can track how many steps i have done each day, the best has been 15,137 and the worst 864. But i can use that information to help me to stay on track.

Good luck with your journey.

Back