• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!

Louanne79

Hello,
Was just having a search around the internet and came across this site - seems to be really friendly and have lots of info, so thought I'd dive in.
I've recently been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and osteoarthritis, and at my age (early 30's) and my weight (far too heavy, lol), my GP thinks I'm an ideal candidate for weight loss surgery.
I have an appointment booked with Dr Labib at Russells Hall next week to get the ball rolling.
I have no idea what to expect, or any clue about the process at all really, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lou,
x
:)

morning lou
im new to this site too, its great anything you want to know yourll get the answerhere and everyone are ao lovely and helpfull and everyone is here for you .
also its great looking at how well everyone is doing on their weight loss its really nice seeing how happy everyone is now after losing their weight really makes you feel like you can do it to and if your feeling down their always someone here to chear you up cause thery know how you feel
im so glad i found this site i know ill be needing it alot having my band fitted on the 14th aug and i know if i need to know anything ill be staight on here

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for the reply. I'm just having a nose around at some people's stories now - I already feel much more optimistic!
x

Hiya Lou, I think just explain your difficulties with weight loss and be very honest about your current eating habits and food issues..eg volume eater, sweet tooth etc and the surgeon can then advise you on what op will work the best for you and what is involved with the surgery you are recommended , life style changes you will need to make etc. Just be really willing to change to healthy foods and show you are committed to improve your fitness and habits.

Thanks for the advice!
It's good to be able to speak to people who are going through the same thing.
x

No worries, also really be open to follow all the steps they ask of you and be prepared for a wait...but also keep chasing things up with the surgery team to avoid being overlooked. Chase up and confirm all appointments and make sure you attend them. Do what's asked of you and jump through the hoops.. it's not the best situation but all NHS folks go through the same thing, your patience and perseverence will be rewarded in the end. In the meantime just continue to join in with the forum and everyone will help with any queries you have at any stage, plus of course you will get to know loads of new likeminded friends x All the best hun

Aww, thank you sooo much.
I was kind of down-hearted about it - and very scared - but after having a read through hear and seeing people's successes (well done on your weight loss, by the way!), I've got my motivation back.
I would do anything to lose the weight - it's taking over my life, and I want it back, lol!

Hi and :welcome2:to WLS! hope your finding your way on here easy enough. see you around xxx :)

You'll do it!! I think the majority of us have that same feeling of hopelessness. As you go through the process of pre -op appointments, pre-op diets etc and then surgery and beyond..the weight comes off and gradually you can picture yourself becomming slim. It's definately worth the wait and I hope you get your op confirmed as soon as possible xxx

Hi Lou and :welcome2: feel free to ask whatever you want, even if it seems silly, we have probably already asked it before :D x

hi lou
Just wanted to say hi and welcome look forward to hearing more from you xx

Thanks everyone!
x

Louanne, Lamornamiss (aka Wendy) has also came to her wls via Russells Hall and Dr Labib. I'm sure she will give you any help she can....

Welcome to our wonderful world of wls, feel free to ask anything, wls related or not xx

:welcome2:Hi Louanne and welcome to this forum.I know you will get loads of support and help on your wls journey.
Marie.

Thanks Ladies.
I started today with a heavy heart (well, heavy everything really, lol), but thanks to the lovely people here I now have a big smile on my face.
:eek:

hey,

im new too, ive been given funding im now just waiting to see what happens next. xx

Happy to hear you now have a smile on your face Lou, Ive got to say Ive logged on here sometimes felling really *hit! but it always cheers me up. Support from others going through the same thing as you is so important. X

Back