• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Gastric Bypass HELP & ADVICE needed

HI to nessy and to everyone else, I am pre gastric bypass, have been seeing my consultant Mr.Small Sunderland Royal Hospital for the last 15 months. I am anxious to talk to people who have had this operation and to learn about what happened before your operation with regard to how many times did you see the consultant, was he helpful I have seen mine 4 times now and over last 4 months I have lost 25 lbs just eating healthy I have a hiatus hernia and Have just had a endoscopy the says its a large Hiatus Hernia but I can't find out what he means if its a sliding one or the other one which strangles itself, ( feel like ding that to myself HaHa!!) Now I have to have a Barium Meal for him to look in more detail at it has anyone been turned down because of a Hiatus Hernia, I don't know, I am desperate to have this op on NHS as I can't afford to pay for it but my health is suffering because of the weight i was 19.3lbs at start of this now I am 17.5lbs. Will someone answer me and give me a bit of advice.

Hi Liz,

Sorry I can't help with that consultant or with hernias, but welcome to the forum.

You might get more replies if you start your own topic, that way people will see your questions more :)

If there's anything you want to know about the procedure itself just shout.

Shel

Don't know if this helps or not, but my surgeon found a hiatus hernia when he was operating that I had no idea was there and he repaired that at the same time (I had the band tho and not the bypass!)

Hi Liz!

Just wanted to say that when I had my RNY just over 2 weeks ago, I was with a guy who had a large Hernia also. He had the hernia repaired at the same time as having his RNY. It added 30-40 minutes onto the operation.

We did go privately to Belgium though, and maybe your surgeon has different guidelines etc to follow. Only he can tell you.

I agree with Shelbell...start your own thread, and maybe someone else will have more answers for you. Please just ask away, there is always someone who can offer you support here.

Good luck,

Kel xx

Back