• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello!

Hi Lou
which pct are you under?

As Julie (phatmomma) has said I am also under Dr Labib. I will help answer any questions you have if I can.

Hiya!
I think I left a message for you somewhere else actually (I'm still a little confused). I'm under Dudley PCT and have my first appt with Dr Labib next Monday.
I've been for some blood tests and stuff for him this morning.
I just wondered hu found how you found him really, and how much of a struggle (if it all) it was to get him to refer for surgery.
Lou
x

Hi Lou
I'm under Sandwell but Russells is my nearest hospital (and i hate Sandwell hospital so won't go there)
Don't let Dr Labib worry you he is a pussycat really.You hardly see him anyway.
I know someone took 2 years before they were refered for surgery from Dr Labib mine was about 13 months (I asked my GP if he would refer me after 12 months with Dr Labib and he did) a month later Dr labib said he was referring me LOL. Ask your Dr if he will refer you straight away but you may have to do weight management before he can.
Hope that makes sense
Where in Dudley do you live? maybe we can meet up

Thanks for that. I may make a GP appt for after I've seen Dr Labib - just in case - and just see what they say.
I live in Oakham, so not too far from you. It would be good to have a chat x

Thanks for that. I may make a GP appt for after I've seen Dr Labib - just in case - and just see what they say.
I live in Oakham, so not too far from you. It would be good to have a chat x

Is you Gp under Sandwell or Dudley?
It seems like a silly question but it can make a big difference.

Just up the hill from me so not too far Im just off Dudley road by the new senior school their building x

:wavey:Hello and :welcome2: Lou, Looking forward to hearing about your Journey with WLS. xxx

Is you Gp under Sandwell or Dudley?
It seems like a silly question but it can make a big difference.

Just up the hill from me so not too far Im just off Dudley road by the new senior school their building x

GP is under Dudley. I've looked into their criteria for funding, and I do meet it. I'm just apprehensive!
x

Try not to worry. Just start with weight management with Dr Labib but ask your Gp if he will refer you straight away.
Ask Dr Labib if you will be refered to Walsall or Telford (Walsall is slower, someone had surgery at Telford within 5 months of being refered. I waited for 11 months from my 1st appointment to surgery at Walsall but some have been waiting for over 13 months now and still no surgery dates at Walsall)

Try not to worry. Just start with weight management with Dr Labib but ask your Gp if he will refer you straight away.
Ask Dr Labib if you will be refered to Walsall or Telford (Walsall is slower, someone had surgery at Telford within 5 months of being refered. I waited for 11 months from my 1st appointment to surgery at Walsall but some have been waiting for over 13 months now and still no surgery dates at Walsall)

Thank you so much for your advice. If you wouldn't mind meeting up at some point for a chat, I'd appreciate that xXx

Last edited:
I've since spent the rest of the afternoon doing more internet research.
Unfortunately, my GP is now on annual leave until 16th August, but I've made an appointment with her for that day to disuss a] the outcome of my meeting with Dr Labib and b]whether or not she could refer me directly to the consultant either at Walsall, or Telford.
Telford would proabably be better for me actually - my parents live quite near the PR, and I've heard a lot more positive things about that hospital in general as oppose to the Manor.
That being said, I'll go anywhere they're willing to send me!
x

Hi Louanne,

I'm new here too and in a similar position to you. Just started the milk diet and hoping surgery won't be too long now. Have only posted a few times but have found everyone on the site to be really helpful. All the best :)

Back