• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya everyone

dawnyc

Hiya all, I'm Dawn from Wolves, 45, married with 2 girls and been overweight forever. I'm new to your WLS site so plz bare with me as I try to find my way around. Looks like you have lots of fab advice and support for each other on your journeys and I've just recently started mine so any help and advice is greatfully recieved.
I will be having Gastric Bypass surgery sometime in the future done by Mr Khan at the Manor Hospital in Walsall.
I was referred by my GP in Nov 09 with my first appt with Anna and Dr Hartland, at this appt with my BMI at 56.6 I was told that I was eligable for an operation and told that funding would be no problem (Wolverhampton pct) and that I should contact the dietition the next day I was then given my appt to see Dr Kendrick in May. I contacted the dietition the next day and she told me she would contact me before my surgery.
May came and my appt with Dr Kendrick was fine, I was panicking so much but he soon put me and hubby at ease. He told me that he was happy to approve me for surgery and I told him I had decided on the bypass after much consideration, he agreed this would be available and that I should expect my op within around 6 months.
Had to attend my GP today as I have now got Achilles Tendonitis (just another ailment along the way) and he advised me to give the hospital secretarys a call to see if I am now on the waiting list just for a little peace of mind.
So we come to today, I gave Tracy (who I believe is admin) a call and she told me that Dr Kendrick wanted me back in clinic within 8 weeks to see Mr Khan and she was going to sort out my appt, so hopefully I will hear soon and see Mr Khan within the next few weeks.
This is where I am today, not sure how long I will wait for my appt now and how long I will wait after seeing Mr Khan but at least I am a bit further down the line. If anyone has any timescales just drop me a line.
Sorry it was a bit of a long introductory Hallo but then its a little bit about me and didnt know where else to put it yet on the site.
xxx

hi and welcome Dawn and good luck on your journey

Hello - welcome and good luck on your journey - you'll get lots of support on here x

Hi Dawny, welcome to the madhouse!

Glad you're well on your journey and good luck for the future :)

Hi and welcome Dawny.
You've definitely come to the right place for support and advice.
Good luck xx

Hi Dawn, welcome to this lovely site, good luck with your journey :)

Hi Dawn and welcome to this lovely site. There's bags of information and loads of helpful advice if you need it x

Thanx to you all for your welcome, you are all such an inspiration to people like me just starting my own journey much luv to you all xx

Hi Dawn, i'm a wolves pct/resident too and having my surgery on 17th of this month!

I can't really give you much idea of timescales, one thing you will find on this site is that there is a big Walsall Massive crew here and a support group meets at Great Wyrley on a monthly basis. It's very useful if you can attend...

As for time scales as i say Walsall Manor change the rules every other week so i cant help with that.... Ask if there's anything else i can help with :) xx

Wow Julie your op is so close, Good luck i'll be thinking of you let us know how it goes and drop me a line sometime with dates of support group meeting and I'm sure I'll be able to come xx

Hi Dawn,

Bet you are excited and nervous?

Have a good wander round this site, I have found it very inspirational.
Good luck with it all, keep us updated with your progress.

x

Hi Dawn and welcome.

I had my bypass with Mr Khan at Walsall 9 months ago and have lost 7 1/2 stones. Best thing I ever did.

As Julie has said, there are lots of us here that had/are having our ops at Walsall and we hang out on a thread called Walsall Massive. Its worth a read if you have some time on your hands.

We also have a support group, as Julie has already mentioned and we meet at Great Wyrley every month. The next meet is on 21st June at 7.30pm. it would be lovely to meet you.

Any questions don't be afraid to ask x

Hi Dawn

As Sam said, but its also good to know it's at Harrisons Sports & Social Club lol...

If you do facebook feel free to add me [email protected] some of us in the area meet for informal coffee every now and then :) xx

Lol thanks for that ladies and providing i'm back driving by then (achilles tendonitis) i'd love to come, or do you bring hubbies? if so I can make him drive if necessary and julie yes I do facebook and i'll add you if thats ok x

Back