• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thank goodness!

poppy10

Hi everyone :wave_cry:, thank goodness I found this WLS forum. I have told nobody but my partner about my op (in July) and was beginning to feel very isolated and confused :confused:, but after reading a number of the posts on here today I already feel a million times better and now know that I have made the right decision to have a gastric band. I had my consulation with THG on Wednesday in Newcastle and agreed my surgery date and surgeon (Mr Alan Li) and would love to hear from anyone who may have been 'banded' by him.

welcome.gif

Hi Poppy,
I'm not a bander but just wanted to stop by and say a big welcome to the forum. It's been invaluable to me since I was referred for wls.

never had a band,but he did my bypass.could not fault him at all.i recovered so well & without any pain at all.i was given pain killers,when i was discharged from hospital,but they are still in the cupboard unopened.
i think you are in very safe hands.
tracy x

Hi everyone :wave_cry:, thank goodness I found this WLS forum. I have told nobody but my partner about my op (in July) and was beginning to feel very isolated and confused :confused:, but after reading a number of the posts on here today I already feel a million times better and now know that I have made the right decision to have a gastric band. I had my consulation with THG on Wednesday in Newcastle and agreed my surgery date and surgeon (Mr Alan Li) and would love to hear from anyone who may have been 'banded' by him.
Hi hun a, welcome to WLS, I have only been here a couple of weeks, but like yourself, consider it a god send, the people here are just like us, and very understanding and helpful. There is always someone willing to offer help and advice.I had my op with THG on the 7th April, my surgeon was Mr Alan Li, who is absolutely lovely. My op was cancelled so I had to stay in hospital 2 nights instead of one, I had a bit of a rough start, Ive had one call from the nurse since my op but thats it really, I go for my first fill on 12 May. Mr Li has a very good reputation, I'm sure everything will go very well for you, good luck hun xx

Hi Poppy and welcome,

Im sure you will find everyone here supportive and welcoming. I find it such a relief to be able to share my experiences, successes and worries with a group of people who genuinly understand how I feel.

I also did not tell anyone other than my Mum and Dad, my husband and my brother. Not told any friends or even my children, so this site is a godsend.

Leesh x

Good luck with everything.

I only joined a couple of days ago and the people have been lovely x

Hi Poppy
i have also not told anyone i have had my bypass op, as when i first discussed the possibility of the op with friends and family they were not happy, i had some very rude comments, but i went for it anyway and dont regret a thing x
just hope if people recognise me they also understand why i have done this, it is a personal thing whether you tell anyone or not xxx
good luck with your journey hun x

Thank you all again so much for the very nice welcome to this forum.

Just to give you all a little bit of a background. As well as starting my own business in the last year I have spent the last 7 years helping to nurse family members along with working full time. Following the loss of my Mum in January I have decided that it is time to now look after me (Apart from the obvious of missing her I miss chatting things through with her, particularly decisions as big as this...hence why I have joined this forum)!!!

My fiance is very supportive of me going ahead with this decision, but I decided not to tell my friends as they were not very understanding about one of our 'gang' when she decided to go for it and even though she has been very succesful they still make occasional 'catty' comments now about the band!

I gained weight through a career change following advice from a Physio regarding my ankle joints...I worked with a very well known and famous fitness guru for around 6 years but all of the stress on my joints was causing me so much pain (I was only a size 8-10 then) I had to eventually give in and start a new career in Teaching; this means lots of time sitting on my bum (not forgetting the constant snacking on the days that I work from home) and little time for any exercise (I don't work in a school and have the luxury of school holidays).

I am so, so, so excited for my operation and can't wait to 'get started' on this journey; it is taking me all my time not to phone up THG each day and ask them if I can move surgery forward; but due to business commitments I have to wait.

I really look forward to catching up with you all through the forum posts and must comment on the successes that are on here even those of you who are at the start of your journey are doing so well with the weight losses...you are all such an inspiration!

Julie XXX

Back