• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

rainbow27

Hello everyone i am rainbow27 and i have like most have you tried every diet under the sun some with minimal success and some with very short lived success. I have now made the decision to go private with WLS, i have seen the dietician and i have seen the surgeon i am having a phone consultation with the anesthetist next monday and i have to wait to speak to the psychologist.
I keep having waves of "is this really my only option?" i am 17stone 5 and i when i see other people at 25 stone i keep scorning myself, and i feel like i should be able to do this without surgery. I have PCOS and i totally think this plays a massive part in my weight loss being slow and not staying off, and then i think im making up excuses!! i guess im just doing what everyone else does when it comes down to this, giving all the pros and cons.
anyway i thought i would introduce myself :) ive enjoyed reading everyone’s stories
x

Hi rainbow, welcome to the forum :)
If you have any questions, fire away..... Theres always someone around to offer a helpful ear lol
Tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello-Welcome.jpg

Hello, welcome and good luck. I am sure you will feel at home here :)

Hi Rainbow and welcome to our lovely forum.
You'll find lots of help and support on here. We're all on a journey and whether you weigh 17, 27 or 37 stone at the beginning we're all different and no two journeys will be the same. Don't beat yourself up - you'll know once you've met with the professionals whats the best option for you.

I found this site and the friends I've made on here invaluable in helping me on my journey, a great support through the highs and lows.

Ask what you want when you want - someone will be along at some stage to offer their opinion and advice.

Take care hun, and welcome again!

Hello! Welcome!
Which surgery are you having?
It's lovely here - you'll be very supported.
Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi and Welcome rainbow xx

Hello and welcome. Please use and abuse the site to your full advantage to gain all the knowledge you need. There is a fabulous support network on here and a whole new world of friends just waiting to meet you :) xx

Morning,

thanks for the warm welcome, i am having Gastric Bypass.. i originally went along to see about the band once everything was explained the gastric bypass seemed a better option for me. xx

Welcome to the site. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi Rainbow. I weigh almost exactly the same and am the same height. I've just been given a surgery date and am still a bit worried. It's quite scarey to think it's irriveresible, and today I've even read a few thread about people having to re-join weight loss groups !

Undecided i feel the same.. i keep thinking why on earth cant i do this myself!! and feel a fraud when i think of people with more weight to loose :( and i dont know if you seen my other thread im not telling people at all 2 family members and 2 friends know and i was thinking of lying to my work well not so much lying but saying just that i am having abdo surgery and not going into details. xx

Hi Rainbow. We are in very simlar positions. Same size, same height. I have PCOS. Am still wondering if I cant just do it myself (but know deep down know I can't).

I've told only one friend. No one else and no family at all. I cant really tell family as my sister has a drinking problem and would tell the whole world, and I dont want to worry my mam. My dad I hardly talk to. The only friend I have told says he doesnt want me to have it.

Feel free to ask questions though. You will see I have asked tons the last few days since suddely got a surgery date.

Undecided when is your date.. mine is 16th june.. argh.. my biggest problem is telling my work :(
x

Back