• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

gailm

Hi everyone
I'm Gail and due to have a band on the 23rd June :)
I need to loose 6st and any advise anyone
As would be gratefully received
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thankyou :) I've being looking on this forum for the last week and can't believe
All the support you all give each other
It's also made me more aware of what's going to be happening to me very soon
I'm now armed with a million questions about aftercare when I go to my first consultation this week hehe x

Hey Gail,

welcome to the forum :D

Tell us a little bit about your journey! Where you're having the op, how you came to choosing the band and what kind of things would you like to know?

We have lots of active bandits on this forum who im sure will come along soon to offer better support than me!!

Good luck!

x

Hi Gail welcome to the forum, what made you choose a band over other procedures ? are you excited ? good luck on your journey we are all very friendly here and i hope you find it helpfull here x

Liz xx

My story so far .....
I've battled with my weight since age 19 and now 42 I'm in a position to afford it phew finally hehe!
I'm having my op with the hospital group Leeds but having op at dolan park brompton :/
I ideally need to lose around 6 stone bit would be happy to loose 3
Trying to get head in the right place this is were all your helps come into it (supporting me)
I've only told 2 other people besides my very supportive husband as my family are seriously against it they think I should have willpower haha (there all slim and healthy and only eat organic and natural sweet! If only I had there genes and willpower
Thanks everyone I'm overwhelmed with your comments
Xxx

Ya will wish ya never said that moss hungry lol
What was your experience at Dolan park
Like please?
Gail
Xx

Hi and welcome x
this is a very good forum, I'm thank full i found it, I think the G.p.'s should give this website address as compulsery when people start their journey x just wondered why you chose a band instead of other ops like j.u.s.t l.i.z said, I'v already seen a surgeon and he said band or bypass and now i'm going to chichester with an open mind as all surgeons have a preference x

Hi Gail, I only joined very recently and love this site!

I have just got home five minutes ago after being discharged from hospital for my band. Feel much better than I expected to! Got my make up on already and walking about fine! I really believe that today is the beginning of the rest of my life feel free to ask me any questions at all about the procedure or how I get on over next few days as its all fresh in my head!

Hi Gail, I only joined very recently and love this site!

I have just got home five minutes ago after being discharged from hospital for my band. Feel much better than I expected to! Got my make up on already and walking about fine! I really believe that today is the beginning of the rest of my life feel free to ask me any questions at all about the procedure or how I get on over next few days as its all fresh in my head!

Congratulations xxxx Dont over do it tho :D xxx

Thank you so much :D

Firmly sat on sofa watching tv and milling about here and that will be it for the next few days, will enjoy a well deserved rest from work though couldnt help notice i have put on 4 lbs since weighed at home and hospital yesterday d'oh! No matter, just attempting a little bit of a smoothie at the moment, wish me luck :D

Hi Gail welcome to the forum....everyone is lovely here with lots of advice and are supportive.....hope all goes well with the band :D xxx

Thankyou everyone for welcoming I'm overwhelmed at the support here xxxx

Thank you so much :D

Firmly sat on sofa watching tv and milling about here and that will be it for the next few days, will enjoy a well deserved rest from work though couldnt help notice i have put on 4 lbs since weighed at home and hospital yesterday d'oh! No matter, just attempting a little bit of a smoothie at the moment, wish me luck :D

good luck for the smoothie drinking lol x glad your taking it easy, make sure you do rest and enjoy it xx all the best xx

Miss hungry said:
:welcome2::newbie:, Congrats on your upcoming band.
I had my band at Dolan park. Any questions feel free to ask.
:gen147:

Ho miss hungry please feel free to tell me how your journey was like xxx

Back