• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

Maria61

just starting milk diet for 5 weeks omorrow. No surgery date yet. Any advice and guidance very welcome xx

Hello and welcome. I'm getting to the end of two weeks of the milk diet soon, and all I can say is, while the first few days sucked, it does get better.

Good luck with yours.

Hello and welcome :)
I found the milk diet a breeze because I didn't have to think about food at all. Good luck x

Hello and welcome. I'm getting to the end of two weeks of the milk diet soon, and all I can say is, while the first few days sucked, it does get better.

Good luck with yours.
Thanks for the encouragement x

My next appointment at L&D is on Monday after 5 weeks onmilk diet. Hope they are pleased with me. So glad milk nearly over.

Wow, 5 weeks is a long time, well done on sticking with it, can't have been easy and hope there's good news on Monday.

I'm so impressed you did five weeks of the milk diet. Hope it goes well tomorrow.

My next appointment at L&D is on Monday after 5 weeks onmilk diet. Hope they are pleased with me. So glad milk nearly over.
Good luck today huni, they are going to be so pleased with you so don't worry , have you planned your meal for tonight yet xx

Thanks sweetie. I got on really well. According to them I have lost 22 lbs since I went in August and the dietician asked me if I still want weight loss surgery. Of course I do. I explained once I get going I can lose weight but keeping it off is my downfall every time. He said I have lost 9% body weight and they ask you to lose 5%. I have to go back in 6 weeks and if all good they will refer me to MDT. they are getting an extra new surgeon and going to do group MDT with several patients at one go to try and speed things up. I am excited but scared too xx

That all sounds very positive :)

Thanks sweetie. I got on really well. According to them I have lost 22 lbs since I went in August and the dietician asked me if I still want weight loss surgery. Of course I do. I explained once I get going I can lose weight but keeping it off is my downfall every time. He said I have lost 9% body weight and they ask you to lose 5%. I have to go back in 6 weeks and if all good they will refer me to MDT. they are getting an extra new surgeon and going to do group MDT with several patients at one go to try and speed things up. I am excited but scared too xx
That's really good news, I think only those of us in this situation will understand why we still need wls, I have the same from work colleagues.... if you can do it now why not carry on, as you say getting it of is easy once we get in the swing of it, keeping it of is a totally different story and we can't live indefinitely on milk and jelly, glad you enjoyed your very well deserved beans on toast, you have done incredibly well and it looks as if it's all going to move quickly for you, I wonder if the changes to speed things up will be for those of us being assessed for a year too, I hope so as having to wait up to another year after June 17 is a long time.... keep up the good work and look forward to more updates.... Ps I had cravings so for dinner tonight I had......chicken oxo in milk and a half milk raspberry jelly and I really really enjoyed it Weird

Thanks so. Uch. I hope they speed things up for you too as it is so long to wait but I still don't know how long the waiting list for surgery is. All he said was, how long is a piece of string? Good luck to you too once again xx

Well done on your loss that's fantastic x
Wow have just seen your fantastic weight loss, you must feel so good about yourself, has your health improved too? how have you found life with the sleeve ? Sorry lots of questions x

Hi..I've found it difficult at times, a lot of frustration and new challenges. It's still a constant food battle everyday, the desire to eat never goes away! Yes I feel much better, my sleeve has been amazing but some days I wish I could have a "normal day" but that's gone now.
The best advice is that this is just a tool to give you a hand on the way, it's not a miracle and it's a life long choice.
Good luck with your journey you will get lots of support on here!! X

Hi, I'm with the L&d too, I'm just waiting for a surgery date now, I've been in the waiting list 5 weeks this week. I was under mr barreca but sadly he's died, I'm just waiting to see which surgeon they are going to put me under now.

Back