• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Guys

jewson34

Hi :wave_cry:,
Don't really know what to say lol, so here is my story.
I've been trying to lose weight for a long time. I put weight on with each of my 4 kids and never managed to lose it. I've tried diets, going to the gym etc. Saw the nurse at the GP's for two years, 6 mths at the weight management clinic at the hospital seeing doctors, dieticians, pyschologists and activity people. I tried tablets and victoza injections and nothing has worked. I'm also type 1 diabetic so have been referred for surgery. I've seen the surgeon, anaesthetist and had my pre op assessment and was given a date for the 19th April:), started the pre op diet nearly 2 weeks ago but yesterday it was cancelled :(. I have been told i'll be sent another date in the post with them aware that i have to do the pre op diet for 4 weeks (although with my BMI now it should be 3). So i'm back in limbo again.....

Sorry to hear your date was cancelled - I hope you get a new date soon x

Hi and welcome to the site. Oh no - sorry to hear your op was cancelled, especially after doing two weeks of the pre-op diet :/ I hope something good drops through your letter box soon :) x

Thanks guys. I'm going to carry on with it but maybe not quite so strictly. Fingers crossed it won't be too long.

Hi there. What a shame your op was cancelled.....very frustrating. Keep your chin up, hopefully the new date will be soon and you'll be on your way again. The wait it the worst! Take care. x

Hi Welcome to the forum! What kind of surgery are you having? Do you mind me asking what your bmi is? I hope you get another date soon. Can I ask a cheeky question not to do with weight loss surgery lol what's it like having 4 children? I have 2 atm but I want to have more, but don't know how many. As soon as I lose enough I'm going to start trying again, do I stop at 3 or shall I have 4? (Don't mind if you don't answer lol) x

Hi thanks for the welcome.

My BMI was 51 when i went for my pre op but checked yesterday and it was 47. I'm having a sleeve. I was offered bypass, sleeve or band but they said it would be difficult to control my diabetes with a bypass, a band wouldn't be any good for me so a leeve was my best option.

As for having four kids it's great, I have 2 of each although they are growing up now. My eldest is 21 and will be a dad himself in May:D. 2 was the hardest, the others just fitted in. It's not perfect, kids are hard work as all parents know but i wouldn't change any of them for the world. My youngest is now 12 and i miss em being little but they are great.

Thanks for that, I have always wanted a large family but as you probably know, people like to have their input and have scared me off it lol.

That's great you got your BMI down to that! Well done you! The sleeve is a great surgery, I would have had that if I could have afforded it. I went for a wrap which is supposed to be similar to the sleeve, so I'm just waiting for the loss now lol.
Hope you hear from the docs soon about a new date x

Don't let anyone else tell you what to do. Do what ever is right for you and yours.

Thanks. When did you have yours done? (if you don't mind me asking).
I'm with Walsall manor hospital, so hopefully it wont be too long.

I don't mind at all, I had mine done on the 26th of feb. So I am just over a month out atm. The first couple of weeks were the hardest, it was the adjusting to my new life, but now I love my wrap. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for myself that I can't eat much but it's definitely a good thing that I can't lol.

Your right about not listening to anyone else, I really shouldn't pay attention to it but I do unfortunately. That's probably why I haven't told anyone other than my parents and dh that I've had surgery.

Are you looking forward to starting your new life?

I know what you mean but i think you get to a point when you just think stuff everyone else.

Yes i am really looking forward to my new life, being able to buy some nice clothes, going on rides at Alton Towers without worrying about being too big, going places without scanning to see if anyone is as big as me......

How much have you lost so far?

That was always the big one for me (no pun intended lol) I used to be a size 12 and it was a big adjustment to go from that to a size 18 nearly 20. I have lost 26lbs so far but I haven't weighed myself this week yet.

We will both be flaunting ourselves in alton towers in no time

Wow, well done i'm sure you will be where you want to be before long.
I was a size 12/14 when i met Grumpy (my husband) but still got abuse when in town etc, i'm about a 24/26 now but don't feel any bigger as i thought i was big back then.

Think you are right about Alton Towers lol

Soon be here , great news x

Back