• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP & ADVICE PLEASE

candyb

Had my band fitted on 1st sept, so I’m nearly 4 weeks post op – had enough of just the fluid intake so I’m now onto sloppy/mushy foods...however, I find I’m not eating half as much as I used to before my op, and I’m stuck on good menus on what to eat to keep me well and healthy
so far, I’m managing mashed potatoes with mashed veg, gravy, low fat cottage cheese, tiny fishcake well mashed, and that’s about it...I’m not sure what to eat...other than soups and milk shakes which I feel don’t fill me up enough...can anyone suggest some good menus for me...I’ve been out today and bought weetabix to try for breakfast tomorrow as I’m not a breakfast person, but I’m going to try and force some down just to get on scale...I was very ill after my op and had several infections which have now started to clear up so the last thing I want is to be ill again and I’m sure that if I don’t eat the right foods I will be....I know I may sound stupid because I don’t know what to eat, I’ve tried contacting my dieticians but they not picking up the phone..I feel very alone in all this and not sure which road to turn down...I’ve just ordered the new return to slender cook book so hopefully that will give me some ideas but in the meantime I need help...my daily diet consists of just mashed potato and mushy veg at the moment....:cry:

phatmomma

Candy, welcome! Firstly get onto the website associated with Return to Slender, Carol the author has some recipes for your stage you don't need to wait for the book to get cracking!

I can't offer any advice as i'm not sure what banders do eat but we have some very successful banders on here who will be along shortly to give advice :)

Good luck, the road is long but the final destination of slimdom is a heavenly place to be :) xx

Neen

WLS Moderator
Hi Candy, I think I replied on another thread to you but I could be wrong (won't be the first time!)
I think I had things like cottage pie, and veg mushed a bit, cauli cheese, minced fish (be careful with fish)
I would say avoid pasta for now as that can clog up a bit.
Soft scrambled egg might be worth a try but again egg can cause some problems so go steady.
Steamed veg mushed and added to soup was another good one. Just try and choose nutrient packed stuff and keep to minced meat and very tender small nibbles of slow cooked meat.
Chicken well chewed is OK.
I think try and avoid having very starchy meals , fill up more on veggies and meats and slowly start to chew less mushy stuff. There's no rush so as long as you go steady you can widen the variety gradually from now on.

candyb

thanks....
ive just seen a good recipie on the web site for sheperds pie, so gonna try that tomorrow as the kids like this as well...so i wont be just cooking for 1 again
can i ask you why to be careful with egg and fish? what side effects do they have?
you have replied to me before on another thread, when i joined last week, i was in alot of pain and sitll highly infected and off to see my surgeon, which i did on friday....such peace of mind once you know you are finally on the mend, i just think im one of these who alwasy suffer after an op, regardless of what it is ive had done ive always had infections after, i think it maybe down to being diabetic....
im still trying to work out how to use this site, so if i send this reply to the wrong person then im sorry
thanks for the helpful advice

my next question is...how soon do you think i wll be bale to go swimming??? i know im starting to feel well, but i dont want to risk any further set backs...im doing some gentle walking withmy dogs now, and will try do walk a little bit more each day...but i love to swim...