• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please?

BikerBabe65

I’m now almost 4 weeks post op and I’m currently eating purée foods and liquids, although to be fair it’s more liquids than purée as I feel uncomfortable eating purée foods.

My problem is I’m so weak, I have zero energy and everything I do is an effort!

Has anyone else experienced this? And if they have How did they get rid of it?

I’m taking everything I’m supposed too, calcium tablets, multivitamin tablet etc.

Is there anything else I could take to boost my energy levels?

Thank you

Hi, And ..welcome @BikerBabe65

I too am having very low energy dips...but, I'm 4 months out.

But...the first 2 weeks out of hospital I struggled with too.

Iron supplements are supposed to give you energy....But ...I cant take them due to constipation with them.

When will you be getting your B12 injections?

As, they may help with giving you more energy too.
Though... I think 4 weeks out is too soon for them.

I've just had blood tests done at doctors today...to see if their is anything wrong, As, to why my energy is so low. I'm feeling sooo cold too. I know its been cold, But...I rarely feel the cold, even when snows on the ground.

Hope someone comes on and can give you better advice than I can (a longtermer)

By the way...love the profile pic...cute!

Good Luck.

Toni :rainbow:

Hi Toni,

Iv had one B12 injection but not due another one until 3 months time.
I feel so drained, I don’t recal ever feeling like this before even after an illness.
Also like you say about being cold I am too and I lived with a fan on before my op! I was always hot and I had a fan on all night so I could sleep even in the winter.

Hi @BikerBabe65

Well, I was about 10 weeks out ...then had to be booked in at the doctors...for 7... B12 injections within a 2 week period (first week had 4...second week I had 3) . Then...im supposed to have 1 every 12 weeks for life.
Suppose it may depend on what type of surgery your having. Mine was the Gastric Bypass.
I was ill in them 2 weeks of having them B12's though...gave me terrible migraines!
Doc said...if I get a migrain with the next one I have....i may have to have tablet form of B12....but they arn't as effective as the injection.
So will have to wait and see.

The only other thing I can think of regards us feeling the cold a lot more....is...we've lost some of our insulation ! (fat) lol. Which is a good thing really :). I'm just not used to feeling cold....lol.

Toni :rainbow:

Back