• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxiety overload

Stokes2020

My journey is just beginning.
I’ve seen Dr Hasani at the PRU hospital who has agreed a bypass and I’ve be given my blood forms but I have no idea what happens next or how long I wait.
I’ve met the man of my dreams and we’ve booked our wedding for Oct 2020 so I’d love to be a nice size if not at my goal weight, I just never imagined myself ever being slim or ever getting married come to think of it. I’m just so paranoid that it will never happen. My BMI was just over 40 so I’m worried what if I’m just under when I next get weighed? Will he say No and take back my chance of a bypass? I’m such a worrier and with a wedding to organise and pay for it’s really playing on my mind. Do I get weighed again? I have no idea what happens after the initial meet?

Irene44

Hi and welcome. Lots of amazing journies and stories on here and loads of support. Keep posting and updating xxx

tommycarpet

I was over the "required" BMI on my first visit and dropped under it during the various stages you need to go through.

It's a good thing as it shows you're committed to weight loss and the process so don't worry, and good luck!

Stokes2020

That’s a relief.
I 1st met my surgeon a couple of years ago and I was just under so was turned away. That same day I found out I was pregnant. My daughter is now 1 and I’ve gained pregnancy weight but only enough to tip me over that’s why I was so worried. I’ve not gone on the official list yet, I’ve got to complete tier 3 (no idea what that is)?

tommycarpet

Tier 3 is the bit you do before you get the OK for surgery. You'll be asked to do the milk diet to get a feel for the steps you need to take (and to show your commitment)

At the end if it you'll meet a dietitian, anesthetist and a psychologist who will assess you and hopefully put you forward for surgery.

Then you sit and wait!

tommycarpet

Yes I have my bypass next week :)

Tier 3 starts when you get to the hospital really, it sounds like you're in that stage at the moment?

Have they asked you to do the milk diet for a few weeks and lose say 5% of your weight etc?

Its a 6 or 12 month programme depending on your BMI / other health conditions and then at the end of it you get the yes or no for actual surgery (which is tier 4)

Stokes2020

Oh wow, how exciting
How long have you waited from 1st appointment till now?

I’ve not started anything yet.
Met the surgeon last week who said he was happy to give me a bypass, gave me a blood form to get my bloods done and then said i’d Receive a letter in the post?!!
I only know I’m gonna be doing tier 3 as it was written on my blood form. I had my bloods done last week so now waiting for a letter I guess? Just wondering If there’s a waiting list to do the tier 3?

tommycarpet

No you should go straight into it, there is a waiting list for the actual surgery.

My first appointment at Luton and Dunstable was last May (ish), and I was referred for surgery in March this year so the whole process from start to finish has been about a year for me.

Bling Babe

If you have other health issues your BMI can go down to 35 for tier 3, tier 3 lasts for 6 months or 1 year depending on your BMI, my tier 3 was for a year and I think yours will be too with a BMI of 40, but time flies by and it’s ideal time to research absolutely everything involved with wls so you know as much as you can before surgery, there are lots of hoops to jump through depending on which hospital you are with but it’s so worth all that jumpixx

MrsEvans2015

We sound very much at the same stage ...

I see Dr El Hasani today at PRU, he agreed to a Bypass and sent me for bloods, which I had done today too... I too am just waiting for a letter, for my next appointment ..

Thought I’d come out all smiles, I’ve been waiting so long to finally be referred, but what an emotional day I’ve found it to be...

Good luck with wedding prep and your journey
X

Stokes2020

Oh wow!! A whole year on tier 3
I don’t have any health issues, just my weight.
What hospital are you with?
I’m at PRU with Dr Hasani so no idea if different areas have different time scales?

Bling Babe

Oh wow!! A whole year on tier 3
I don’t have any health issues, just my weight.
What hospital are you with?
I’m at PRU with Dr Hasani so no idea if different areas have different time scales?
I’m with Luton but I’m afraid the timescale is dictated by NICE so that’s the one thing that is consistent with different trusts, honestly time will fly by (my 22 months did) and the time to research is invaluable, we can never know too much :rolleyes: xx

Stokes2020

We sound very much at the same stage ...

I see Dr El Hasani today at PRU, he agreed to a Bypass and sent me for bloods, which I had done today too... I too am just waiting for a letter, for my next appointment ..

Thought I’d come out all smiles, I’ve been waiting so long to finally be referred, but what an emotional day I’ve found it to be...

Good luck with wedding prep and your journey
X
Oh wow so we’re on the same journey, Did he tell you much about the next stage?
I hate this no knowing what’s to come and when ‍♀️

MrsEvans2015

Oh wow so we’re on the same journey, Did he tell you much about the next stage?
I hate this no knowing what’s to come and when ‍♀️
He didn’t say much at all, to be honest... Just that my journey starts now and I’ll recieve a letter in the post ... Be interesting to follow each others journeys x