• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help after gastric band

Hello there

i know vomiting is one of the side effects, but only wot i have been told from other people.

Am sure someone else will be along to give you some more insite............all the best - mejulie xx

hi i had my gastric band fitted 26th april its 2 weeks now and im getting constant hungar pains is this normal? also what symptoms would i experience if i ate the wrong foods or too much

hi sparky and welcome to minis, it is normal to experience hunger pains after 2 weeks as the swelling will be starting to subside after your op, the initial restriction felt is only from the op swelling when that goes away the normal desire/hunger sensation returns.

who is your surgeon and how long has he got you on a liquid diet for ?

becareful of eating the wrong food types this early as it may cause pain or discomfort.

liz x

hi liz i had my op done in dolan park by mr sigurrson he was absolutely lovely as indeed were the nursing staff and the care i received, im on a soft diet now for further 2 weeks but i ate a packet of wosits yesterday and was begining to panic incase id done any harm.

Hi Sparky

I was like that after 2 weeks too. I phoned my dietician and she suggested moving onto sloppies earlier. Yours may suggest something like that too if you give them a ring.

Maz x

Last edited:
hi liz i had my op done in dolan park by mr sigurrson he was absolutely lovely as indeed were the nursing staff and the care i received, im on a soft diet now for further 2 weeks but i ate a packet of wosits yesterday and was begining to panic incase id done any harm.

you wont of done any damage with wotsits, they may be on the high calory side, i find quavers better if i do want some thing like that, but i wouldnt try proper crisps as they are tricky and high calory.

liz x

Back