• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help and advice needed

sumptuousangel

Hey All,

I am looking for some advice really. I had my band fitted in JUly and lost nearly five stone with it. I had a small amount of restriction and a lot of it come from will power. I have had my first fill which has taken my up to 6ml in a 14ml band and i don't seem to have any restriction at all. I am hungry all the time and find myself snacking between meals. I know that the band gets loose when the fat around the stomach decreases. I just thought i would be able to eat less not more than before the fill. I was on liquids for a week following the fill as advised by the dr but lost no weight at all in that week. I have been on solids for two days and feel i can eat anything. i even managed a piece of toast. I feel like a failure and i am so worried that the weight will come back on. I just wondered if the restriction should be felt straight away or whether it takes time after the fill to feel the restriction. Any advice on what i should do? I was going to give it a week and if i don't lose anythign this week phone the hospital on friday and explain i don't have restrction, just worried it has gone wrong! so upset!

I feel the same. I'm 9 days post op and have 4/10mls. I'm wondering if certain foods make us feel fuller longer and the mushy/liquidy stuff just goes straight through? I'm going to start exercising again next week too. Gna try everything cos this has to work. Hang in there and good luck xxxxx

Don't panic, for most banders it took the third of fourth fill before they got to the sweet spot, I.e feeling restricted on small portion. U should be able to book another fill soon if u explain that u can eat as much as before the fill. Also might want to check there is no leak. Good luck and keep us posted xx

Back