• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction?!

toll

Hello all, I've had a band fill on Tuesday (up to 6.5 ml) I'm allowed solids today however I've been left eating and having no restriction feeling at all! I don't want to push it to test my limits though! Has anyone experienced this? Had good restriction before this last fill!! Strange x

top_kat

yes, I have and continue to do so, I'm now at 10mls in my 14ml band and after the last 2 fills it has been like this although i have very bevery minimal restriction anyway :-s

It can take a while to settle down so give it a few days at least (most providers have a minimum period of time before the next fill) but see how it goes and swap to drier and crunchier foods and see if that makes a difference :)

flutterby1966

Not had that feeling ... But it does take a while sometimes or the band/stomach to adjust ... Maybe give it a wee bit longer :)

toll

Thanks, I've called up THG and they have booked me in for Tuesday and are going to do an aspiration and depending on that an investigation! In the meantime I have enjoyed something I haven't been able to for ages - a piece of toast!! Small things please small minds!!! I may as well make the most out of a bad situation - been unable to tolerate bread due to restriction since April!x

top_kat

when I had a fill, think it was my 4th for a few weeks I went the opposite way and it was pretty tight (compared to my levels of restrictions) then literally overnight it disappeared and I could eat like a horse (which I'm still able to do with my band lol) they did take out all the fluid to check for leaks (fluid in band wouldn't be clear) and also checked it was ok in terms of amount in band. Everything was fine but it can be difficult when there's no explanation for such a change in restriction. It can take a good while to settle down though so at least you have a few days to note the changes before Tuesday :)

toll

This is true, I've treated myself to toast but although I don't feel restriction I'm eating small and slow - don't want to put the weight back on. I do worry about that, because even a few days of my old eating habits would make such a difference with calorie intake :s Do you feel sick when you see what an old portion size used to be - think omg I used to eat all that and more!!

toll

Gone to the other end of the scale now!! I can't even sip water without it coming back up!! They did an aspiration and then they put a bit extra in - too much!!

Carly1983Rebecca

I am so glad I have just stumbled across this thread, I was banded in Nov, I had my last fill 3wks ago taking me to 7.3 in my band I had lots of restriction yet went out Saturday for the grand national drank a lot and suddenly all my restriction has since gone, well not all but I can't believe how much I can eat...

I've been so worried I'm booked into Liverpool on Tuesday to check fluid as convinced myself I had a leak. Seeing this thread has made me feel a little better is it really that common for restriction to change so much?

Carly x

JJJ

When I was banded the consultants weren't concerned about the amounts in the band, just about the subjective restriction in association with what they saw on Xray. They tried not to discuss amounts at all, although when I ran into problems the Drs I saw as an emergency always asked how much was in the band