• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mazza, culd you offer me some advice please

sumptuousangel

Hey All,

I am looking for some advice really. I had my band fitted in JUly and lost nearly five stone with it. I had a small amount of restriction and a lot of it come from will power. I have had my first fill which has taken my up to 6ml in a 14ml band and i don't seem to have any restriction at all. I am hungry all the time and find myself snacking between meals. I know that the band gets loose when the fat around the stomach decreases. I just thought i would be able to eat less not more than before the fill. I was on liquids for a week following the fill as advised by the dr but lost no weight at all in that week. I have been on solids for two days and feel i can eat anything. i even managed a piece of toast. I feel like a failure and i am so worried that the weight will come back on. I just wondered if the restriction should be felt straight away or whether it takes time after the fill to feel the restriction. Any advice on what i should do? I was going to give it a week and if i don't lose anythign this week phone the hospital on friday and explain i don't have restrction, just worried it has gone wrong! so upset!

Hey can you not phone your team? Your surgeon?

Hope you get sorted quickly!

You will be ok!

Hi hun try not to worry, sorry can't help much but someone be along soon xxx

Hi

It sounds like you need another fill, this one clearly has made no difference to your restriction.

Book an appointment as soon as you can and in the meantime stick to 3 meals a day - remember protein, veg and limited carbs. If you need to snack stick to fruit.

Dont worry you will be fine x

Hey All,

hi kim im Liz ive had 2 bands in my time x

I am looking for some advice really. I had my band fitted in JUly and lost nearly five stone with it. I had a small amount of restriction and a lot of it come from will power. I have had my first fill which has taken my up to 6ml in a 14ml band and i don't seem to have any restriction at all.
14 ml is one of the larger bands my 1st was 7ml my second was 9ml, just under half full isnt enough for a good restrictive level.

I am hungry all the time and find myself snacking between meals. I know that the band gets loose when the fat around the stomach decreases. I just thought i would be able to eat less not more than before the fill. I was on liquids for a week following the fill as advised by the dr but lost no weight at all in that week.
your body maybe in in starvation mose it also depends on the type of liquid calories you have been consuming since your fill x

I have been on solids for two days and feel i can eat anything. i even managed a piece of toast. I feel like a failure and i am so worried that the weight will come back on.
you are NOT a failure you have a large capacity band u just need more in it x

I just wondered if the restriction should be felt straight away or whether it takes time after the fill to feel the restriction.

if the restriction is going to be felt u can se a difference with in 48 hours when u try solids again x
Any advice on what i should do? I was going to give it a week and if i don't lose anythign this week phone the hospital on friday and explain i don't have restrction, just worried it has gone wrong! so upset!

if your NHS Patient then you may have a while to wait till the next fill, private then money talks with the speed/time between fills, they are obviously building you up slowly to keep you safe dont worry these things take time, 1 tip i will give is please do not rely on a over tight band to lose weight as that can cause problems, you need a little more in id say for now, good luck !

Liz x

Back