• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!!!!! PIlls Stuck???????

Grace

I've just had a very unpleasant experience. Had my brekky (1/2 a sloppy weetabix) and took a couple of pills. Lay back down after about 10 minutes....trying to have a Sunday morning lie-in!

About 1/2 hour later, I got this sudden and vicious pain. I think about where my pouch is. I retched and retched and retched. It felt like something was stuck.... not in my throat in my pouch. I just brought up loads of saliva. Sorry to be gross.

It was horrible and also very frightening, as I was on my own (family's just left for church)

Is this 'normal'?

It's easing a bit now.

I had that a couple of times. Just bringing up what looked like saliva the same. As long as it passes. should be OK.

I've had it a few times, even now, when I lay down at nights if I've eaten, I've had to wake up suddenly as I can feel myself going to be sick. I think it maybe something to do with the food being higher up than normal and can come back sometimes.

Hi Sue I think it was te peppermint capsule but it's quite tiny. It was awful. I feel really shaken. Am I a wuss or what?!!!!!

Is this how you feel when your multivit gets stuck? I felt so frightened. The pain was so bad; I thought something was going to burst.
Actually I want to cry. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had that a couple of times. Just bringing up what looked like saliva the same. As long as it passes. should be OK.

I've had it a few times, even now, when I lay down at nights if I've eaten, I've had to wake up suddenly as I can feel myself going to be sick. I think it maybe something to do with the food being higher up than normal and can come back sometimes.

Thanks Mixy.
also...as soon as I wake up, my pouch DEMANDS food! If I don't eaat straight away, I feel sick! Do you have this?
I'm hoping it's going to pass, it's a pain.

Awww Charis, glad you have some support and it's sounding like this can be normal according to Sue and Mixxy.... I do hope you are feeling better now... it's still early days... wishing you a better day and hoping that the pain has now cleared precious.... sending love and hugs your way xxx

Hi Sue I think it was te peppermint capsule but it's quite tiny. It was awful. I feel really shaken. Am I a wuss or what?!!!!!

Is this how you feel when your multivit gets stuck? I felt so frightened. The pain was so bad; I thought something was going to burst.
Actually I want to cry. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

must have been very scary for you :( hugs to you xxx

Awww Charis, glad you have some support and it's sounding like this can be normal according to Sue and Mixxy.... I do hope you are feeling better now... it's still early days... wishing you a better day and hoping that the pain has now cleared precious.... sending love and hugs your way xxx

Thanks sweety. You have a good day too. The pain is slowly easing off now.
hugs to you. xxxxxxx

Thank goodness you are ok... what a terrible experience... I suppose you have to learn to develop a technique in the early days to get pills and tablets down... I'm dreading it with my cancer pills... they make me sick now as a pre op... so I don't know how it will be...

Take care Charis and I'm thinking of you Angel xxx

Thank goodness you are ok... what a terrible experience... I suppose you have to learn to develop a technique in the early days to get pills and tablets down... I'm dreading it with my cancer pills... they make me sick now as a pre op... so I don't know how it will be...

Take care Charis and I'm thinking of you Angel xxx

Bev, it's never happened before. I suspect it's because I lay down too fast! it's a lesson learnt. I think it was worse because I was on my own.

I do break bigger pills (like my multivit) in half. I also try to take pills with food if at all possible.

Oh Charis how awful! I really hope you feel better soon. Lesson learnt, no lying down when just eaten i guess ;) xx

remember you're still a short way out from surgery, it all takes time to heal, you may have slightly overdone how much you ate, it takes a minute amount to tip you over the edge!! plus give it half hour to let the food go down before laying down, i hope you're feeling better now, it's a learning process to what you can and can't do!! you'll be fine i'm sure ;)

remember you're still a short way out from surgery, it all takes time to heal, you may have slightly overdone how much you ate, it takes a minute amount to tip you over the edge!! plus give it half hour to let the food go down before laying down, i hope you're feeling better now, it's a learning process to what you can and can't do!! you'll be fine i'm sure ;)

Marky I only has 1/2 a sloppy weetabix, could that really be too much?

I'm still a bit sore even now, but I guess that was probably all the retching. :confused:

your still in your early days post op. try crushing your pills and take them with plenty of water.
hope you feel a bit better now. sue.

I've done it a few times too in fact i'm sure thats what happened last week and the pain lasted all day. It is scary but should pass you could try taking your tablets with yoghart or your wheetabix as opposed to liquid sometimes it helps x

Allie I'm still sore now! I can't believe a tiny pill could cause so much trouble!

going to have a strawberry milkshake now! made with real strawberries and the seeds sieved out! Made by my lovely son. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back