• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, GAstric band

naettjohnson

Hello,

I'm looking into surgery to lose weight, have tried everything so it's kind of my last chance now.

Can anyone tell me about their experience? Did it work for you and where did you go to have it done?

Thanks.

hi there, i had a band fitted privately on the 13th november at dolan park with mr sigurdsson, it is the best thing that i have ever done, i have no regrets whatsoever and have lost two stone already and 58% of my excess body fat, so good luck with your decision and if you have any other questions, just ask. julie xx

hey hun, i have been banded i had mine done in belgium for £4k in october.
i have never looked back i have no regrets and its the best thing i have ever done
with my surgeon you have a consultation in one of his clinics in the uk, then you go to belgium which is very simple i can give you loads of info on that, you have your surgery and come home. you loose alot of weight in the first weeks as your on liquids. then you gradually start solids after about six weeks when your swellings gone you can go back to the clinic and have a fill, in all honesty you might not feel any restriction for a couple of months, but you will be eating alot less you will loose weight,.
i had mine in october my scars are so slight and faint they have almost disapeared.
with this surgeon i used he has a forum where all of his patients discuss different topics,you can ask question and meet people who have had the same op in the same hospital with the same surgeon its fantastic.
since my op i have lost all of my pre-op weight but havent yet managed to shift any more, i have just signed up to the gym tonight and have booked my third fill so i can guarentee that will change in the next few weeks. its very exciting.

also theres always someone on the other end of the phone, i called the clinic yesterday just to ask a question and they are so helpful.
at my consultation i met a guy who was having his consultation also, he came out as i went in, we ended up chatting on the forum and are now in a relationship, he has since had his band aswell so were banders together!
any questions hun just ask ill be happy to answer,
go for it hun i promise you its the best thing you have ever ever ever done!

i was nhs banded, and its been the best life changing decision ive ever made, not just physically but emotionally to, im healthier, and im more out going where as i used to be a reclusive b4 banding, im still learning about the new me and i like it.

liz x

Don't forget me Shell!!!!

Back