• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Self funding for gastric band

vanda

Hi all

As I live in Wales there is no chance of getting nhs funding for wls so am looking into funding it myself. Can anyone recommend any clinic or hospital that has done their wls.

Many thanks

Vanda

Hello, I was banded privately at the Thornbury in Sheffield. The provider is BMI healthcare and the surgeon was Mr. Roger Ackroyd. I paid £6,500 (i think) x

Hiya, I too live in Wales. I had my gastric band done with The Hospital Group on their "Why Go Abroad" deal. I had the basic package which for me - as I had a BMI of over 45 was £5,500. BMI below 45 is £5,000. I am very pleased with their work, the surgeon, Mr. Sigurdson was brilliant and put a fill in the band during the op. I have to pay for fills but the X-ray after the op was included in the price. The rooms are nice and the staff absolutely lovely.

Good luck to you,

Jenni.

PS where in Wales are you?

Welcome to Minimins from a fellow welshie!!!! I can't help with your question as I am hopefully getting my bypass through the NHS (I live in London at the moment) but just wanted to say hey and good luck!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I had my band done through the the hospital group - Mr Paul Super, Dolan park, £6950. I'm very happy with what i have & aftercare so far has been very good!

Hi

I had my band fitted with the Weight Loss Surgery Group. I paid £5950 for 3 years unlimited fills defills. I had my op in Preston to get the reduced price, their website lists the locations for the op's and current prices but I know that they have a clinic for band fills in Cardiff.

Good luck x

hi i like mazza went with the wlsgroup their price for preston is now £6195 but that includes 3 yrs aftercare and fills i was and still am very happy with them xxheather

Thanks all for the replies, there seem to be so many companies that do this surgery its hard to know where to go.

Jenni, I'm near Neath where abouts are you? I was looking at the why go abroad - where do you get fills done and what would you do if you had a problem with the band? I am just thinking the worst and would want to know that any problems during aftercare would be covered without paying more.

Thanks again all

vanda

Hi Vakwi,

I'm from Merthyr and went to Doalan Park near Bromsgrove in April with the Hospital Group, it was £5000 and firts fill and x-ray free. Was a bit of a pain having to go up there but from now on can get the fills done in Cardiff so that great, it cost £125 per fill from now on...

Thanks all for the replies, there seem to be so many companies that do this surgery its hard to know where to go.

Jenni, I'm near Neath where abouts are you? I was looking at the why go abroad - where do you get fills done and what would you do if you had a problem with the band? I am just thinking the worst and would want to know that any problems during aftercare would be covered without paying more.

Thanks again all

vanda

Hi Vanda, I live in Newport. I have my fills done in Cardiff in a clinic just off the main shopping area (St mary's st?).

I don't know about if anything went wrong with the band.

Hope you have success in your search. x

Back