• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY and long haul flights too soon after op?

pinklady130868

Hi I'm 4weeks post bypass op. had a little complication in the meantime which warranted stay in hospital again but pleased to say I'm getting on fine now. Had my check up today with mr Decadt and I next see him in may :)
I've been offered a trip to USA with my disabled aunt all expenses paid :) and I'm in a real quandary as to whether firstly I will be able to go long haul so soon post op and secondly last time I went I got a DVT. I've had 3 weeks of clexane injections post op which I administered myself. Would I have to take clexane again while away. We will be going for 3/4 weeks. Should I speak to the surgeon about going to USA?
My head is all over the place at the minute as I really don't know whether I can go and manage my aunt :-( but I live GEORGIA ATLANTA USA
Thanks guys your opinions will help x

I think your surgeon could give you the best possible advice :)

Glad you are recovering well. And good luck! :)

I am on the waiting list, expecting a date fairly soon at SRH. I rang them to ask the same question as I am flying to New York on the 2nd April and I was told that I needed to wait 6 weeks before flying after op. They noted my dates so am not expecting anything before my return. Hope that helps.

I did a short haul flight to Spain at less than 4weeks post op wore my surgical stockings on the flights & had no problems at either end.
But your surgeon or team would be the best ones to talk to.

Back