• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Very confused :(

Lozer

I'm very confused about what to do....

I have been dieting sticking to 1200 cals a day and exercising 4-5 times a week. I've lost 4st 9lbs and still have a good 10st to go. I confused at what to do as I've never been able to sick to diets but doing really well this time so am wondering If I can do it on my own??

But past experience would say no but the most I've lost before is a stone! I don't no if I'm just feeling like this because I still haven't heard anything from the hosp seems to b taking forever! Grrr!
I feel like life is passing me by and I'm still doing nothing. I'm just scared to turn down a opportunity of a life time but also frustrated that life is passing me by (feel that way)

I don't no I just don't no what to do. I'm currently have funding which I'm so great full for and waiting for letter to go seminar and c surgeon as lost 10% and done everything else.
Just reading that other people have received letter and I've not revived anything as yet! :(

I'm desperate to have another baby but would like to b healthier as they were very mean to me last time and I no u have to wait 12-18 month post surgery to try to times just adding up.

This prob makes no sense but just trying to sort my head out.
I think I'm just being impatient and won't it NOW!!!!! Lol
I think having a letter come would help me think they haven't forgot about me and my time is coming.

Sorry for the long moaning post! X

I felt like that :) I lost some preop and though well, can I do this myself? But Christmas came along and I put on a bit and realised that actually no, I couldn't. I had done as well as I had in order to get my op - it was my driving force, but the stresses and strains of daily life would lead me back to square one. However, others have decided that they can do it on their own although they don't tend to come back sadly to let us know how they're getting on. Ultimately your choice - only you can decide what's best for you.

I find that yes I can do it but time and time again I fall off the wagon either due to boredom (I get into a rut and eat same things) or something else happens and I end up heavier than before I started :(

Hi,

I always knew I could diet,I lost 6 stones on my own,with just a further 2 stone needed to get to my ideal weight.
But...keeping it off was the problem,I've gone through life loosing and gaining.
This bypass has given me a tool to prevent me from over eating(unless accidentally)and also to stop me from eating too much sweeties and fatty foods.
I still have a treat of choc or crisps,but now it's in moderation and not a family size portion.
And even with a bypass,the weight isn't 'gone forever' I've still gained a few pounds,but I've lost it again far easier with this tool.
But it's only your choice,and you know your eating habits....good luck x

Hi,

I always knew I could diet,I lost 6 stones on my own,with just a further 2 stone needed to get to my ideal weight.
But...keeping it off was the problem,I've gone through life loosing and gaining.
This bypass has given me a tool to prevent me from over eating(unless accidentally)and also to stop me from eating too much sweeties and fatty foods.
I still have a treat of choc or crisps,but now it's in moderation and not a family size portion.
And even with a bypass,the weight isn't 'gone forever' I've still gained a few pounds,but I've lost it again far easier with this tool.
But it's only your choice,and you know your eating habits....good luck x

I reckon I have lost and gained around 30 stones over the years :(

Keep working at it on your own if only to create good habits, however don't cancel anything yet. See what you feel & where you are when your turn for surgery comes. Don't give up on your own strength but don't burn your bridges just yet.

Please don't cancel. As everyone has said, it's the keeping it off. I've been obese since a toddler and dieted all my life. The most I lost was six stone ... But it came back on. My bypass has taken away the hunger hormone, and physically prevents me from eating large portions or sweet/fatty foods, but I find I don't really want them. It is a great tool to keep weight loss sustained. Good luck with what way you decide to go x

Thank u all for ur replies I think I'm just scared as always been fat but what will I look like thin??
I no a few people who have had bypasses and there friends and people say they changed there not the same and that worries me but I don't wont to b the fat one anymore. I think I'm just being silly I've come so far and just worrying as not heard anything from hosp. I don't think I will b able to lose 10st on my own nor keep it off. Thank u for ur support. Just having a wobble I think. :-/ x

You won't be the same though hon. You will be more confident in your own skin, you will hold your head up high and you will speak up. And I'll be honest there will be a small handful of people who won't like that. WLS sure does show you who your real friends are.

Yeh ur right. I get alot of 'u wont b the same, u don't need it , u will look funny what about the skin ect

Not very helpful comments and coz they no how much I won't another baby it's like just have one u can diet after.

No I've come to far thanks for the little kick up the bum I needed. I just don't wont to b to different. I've become more confident since losjng this bit of weight and feel so much better i can't believe it sometimes.

If I eat rubbish now I feel so ill I just try to rember that feeling. Doesn't always work lol

Have u lost friends since ur surgery? X

I personally haven't - I've made more :D But I've become more confidence and will stand my ground more and I'm less afraid of speaking out about the things I'm passionate about. I am very lucky in my relationships though :)

I personally haven't - I've made more :D But I've become more confidence and will stand my ground more and I'm less afraid of speaking out about the things I'm passionate about. I am very lucky in my relationships though :)

Me too Yve,
I'm far more confident now,it's so nice now to speak my mind as I would always hide when I was overweight.
Any issues I have now I feel confident I can sort them out without feeling so overwhelmed and feeling paranoid about what people thought of me being so big.

Me too Yve,
I'm far more confident now,it's so nice now to speak my mind as I would always hide when I was overweight.
Any issues I have now I feel confident I can sort them out without feeling so overwhelmed and feeling paranoid about what people thought of me being so big.

I also think I'm less aggressive about things - I take things less personally.

Well I've decided on a bypass and can not wait im so excited! See the surgeon on the 27th and counting down the days. The husband on the other hand is barley talking to me and is being very cold and just gives me this disappointing look! :-( but never mind he will have to come round to it as I won't b swayed again. And if he don't then that's his problem. Hope everyone is losing well x

Glad you feel confident in your Choice Hun. He will come around I'm sure. I think it's fear more than anything.

Lozer - that is an excellent decision. You won't regret it. When you first posted on 30 Aug I was about 6 weeks post bypass. It now been nearly four months. I can confidently and honestly say that I've lost just short of 5 stone (in real terms that is size 22/24 to 16/18). After the first challenging 8-10 weeks, things have really settled down and I can eat most things just not much of them. Add on 4 weeks LSD pre op, it has been five months - and boy has it been hard, but the results are truly incredible. Good luck with your journey, and I look forward to making room on the losers' bench. Genuinely excited for you xx

That's brilliant news. I need to see these great posts as I'm just starting my journey via revision from band to by pass. Done it once, so hard n cruel to do it again, but I will :) next year ;)))

Well I've decided on a bypass and can not wait im so excited! See the surgeon on the 27th and counting down the days. The husband on the other hand is barley talking to me and is being very cold and just gives me this disappointing look! :-( but never mind he will have to come round to it as I won't b swayed again. And if he don't then that's his problem. Hope everyone is losing well x

He u doing nw Hun? Us hubby talking to u?

Back