• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help, help, help- taking someone along with you

emmarfrost

My friend is meant to be coming with me tomorrow, and she was going to stay with me, until after I come back from.

Didnt even think she may not be allowed.Have hunted through m paperwork, cant say anything that says no people allowed with you, but cant find anything that says they are allowed.

Anyone take someone with them- please answer asap, im in a right stress :(

i was nhs but people was only allowed in during visiting hours as its all an infection risk having ppl on ward thats not a patient, it may be different private but i dont think they will allow over night stays in the hospital for non patients.

maybe she can book in a hotel ?

liz x

No she isnt staying in overnight, just being there for me when i get back from op, then she is going home.

Crikey moses, I didnt even think about it!
x

they may allow her to stay for that but even if she is there when your returned to the ward you will not be aware of her presence as you will sleep for a few hours from the anestetic.

i was private and i put jonah down as my next of kin he then had the right to be there anytime, and waited in my room until i cam back from recovery.

Emma don't stress!! you're too close to surgery to start stressing. Ok so your freind can take you to hospital and wait untill you go to theatre. By the time you come round from the aneasthetic it will probably be visiting hours anyway so I can't imagine a problem there.I may be wrong as I was nhs but it would be common sense to have a visiting time even in a private hospital. you're getting yourself in a right old state and I personally think it nerves and your mind running on overdrive. Calm down sweetheart you're going to be fine and your freind will be there for you. Good luck for your op!
xxGaynorxx

Hi Emma

Dont worry, your friend will be able to stay with you. I had my op at 8.30am and apart from a trip to the shop to get himself a sandwich and me some water (yuck hate tap water) he stayed with me until 7.00pm. The hospital had no problem with this, he only went when he did beacuse I couldnt sleep from him snoring in the chair!

Good luck honey and stop worrying, you will be fine x x

Hi Emma, I went private, but my hubby stayed with me all the time, I am sure your friend will be able to stay in your room and wait for you, Don't worry You will be ok, Good luck with your Op, x

Hi Emma

My Husband & Sister stayed with me until I went down for Surgery, they then went for a few Coffees in the Hospital and was up in my room as soon as I came back and could stay as long a they wanted to.

I was private, my OH stayed with me, although when I went down for the op, he buggered off into Brentwood to do some shopping. When I got back to my room, he was there waiting for me, but no sign of flowers or any other pressie!!

He was able to come and go as he pleased also, although they preferred visitors to leave the hospital by about 10pm, but could be there from about 8 in the morning.

Back