• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP - I can't wait

tink75

I'm down to 4 weeks and 3 days before my surgery and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! My bag is packed for hospital - arranged time off work - got multivitimins and protein shakes and don't know what else to do. It is driving me CRAZY cause I just want it doing now. Don't think that it helps that I was offered the first week in September but I put it off so that it didn't cause an upset to the children in my class. I can't think about anything else now and I must be driving everyone else who knows me mad. Please please suggest things for me to prepare and think about for the next 4 weeks. Thanks.

Sorry I can't help. I'll hopefully hear Monday when I'll have my op, but I'd be interested in the replies you get.

You sound just like I did and now im over 2wks post op so believe me it will fly over xx

hi tink you have yours 5 days before me im on 19th and i too have my bag packed, actually is been packed , unpacked and packed again for months now lol.im very excited but i wish today was 20th and it was all over . good luck ...........kath x

Hiya,this is what I would do,buy a nice journal.Sort through all your fat photos,take up to date ones.Start a diary of your weightloss journey.Put a history of how you got to today,all about you preperation and your hopes for the future.Cut pics out of mags with clothes you fancy and acessorise to.Even new hairstyles,holidays you never had,things you want to do,ie scuba diving or bungee jumping!!That will keep you busy!Best of luck!Maz x

Ive got a hospital bag permanently packed in the wardrobe!I have been in and out of hospital 5 times this year!Like a good scout be prepared!

Hiya,this is what I would do,buy a nice journal.Sort through all your fat photos,take up to date ones.Start a diary of your weightloss journey.Put a history of how you got to today,all about you preperation and your hopes for the future.Cut pics out of mags with clothes you fancy and acessorise to.Even new hairstyles,holidays you never had,things you want to do,ie scuba diving or bungee jumping!!That will keep you busy!Best of luck!Maz x

This is such good advice. It was my birthday just before I had mone and my OH bought me a beautiful boxed photo album and I took my before pics in a place I have chosen for all my post op pics. I can not wait for a month post op to put my next pics in.
I wrote to my children, my OH and my best friends. Not cos I trhought anything would happen but because i wanted them to share my journey and I let them know my innermost thoughts and how proud and thankful i was to have them in my life. I did most of my XMAS shopping and wrapped the presents - I will have more time to look glamorous at Xmas now as a slimmer me.
It will go quickly and i wish you the very very best of luck. xxxxxx:D

WOW - I love the idea of the weight loss photo album - I'd not thought of that. Not got many pictures mind you - I find myself taking most of them lol. Thanks all for the advice - not sure about the letter writing because i was funded 3 years ago and when I sat down to write my family letters I wimped out of the surgery (although everything was different then cause my husband didn't want me to do it). Well another day has passed so I am another day nearer - yipee - feels like 3days though lol

It will be here before you know it just think by half term you will be done. Are you having band or bypass? Good luck and take care.

I'm having the bypass and I'm really hoping to be back at work after half term. How long did it take everyone to return to work - I'm really keeping my fingers crossed

WOW - I love the idea of the weight loss photo album - I'd not thought of that. Not got many pictures mind you - I find myself taking most of them lol. Thanks all for the advice - not sure about the letter writing because i was funded 3 years ago and when I sat down to write my family letters I wimped out of the surgery (although everything was different then cause my husband didn't want me to do it). Well another day has passed so I am another day nearer - yipee - feels like 3days though lol

Hi Tink

You could do a video diary too...take it with you to the hospital and then continue all the way through your WL journey.

The time will fly...just keep as busy as you can.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Back