• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing weight

HRR32

Hi all. I am now 5 days post op having had a sleeve on Monday - however I have lost no weight so far. Has anyone else experienced this? I am on a fluid only diet at the moment having homemade soup, low fat yoghurt etc and I am not having a huge amount so really disappointed for the scales to remain the same.

This can be perfectly normal, you've got to remember that you body have just experienced a traumatic surgery and there will still be a lot of swelling and stuff going on inside. I know it can be really frustrating not seeing the scales move but give it time. Personally I would say put those scales away for the first month post op, they just serve to torment when early out!!

Speedy recovery.

X

Thanks Mantra it's really good to know - I was so disappointed when I got on the scales this morning!

Your right I am going to put those scales away for a few weeks!

Hannah

I had no more than a few cups of water & a cup of tea in hospital after my sleeve & was 5lb heavier when I checked out lol

My weight loss stalled when I moved from fluids to puree but its starting to move again slowly now, had my first check up yesterday at the hospital & they was more than happy with my losses so it must be normal.... don't worry! :)

I had no more than a few cups of water & a cup of tea in hospital after my sleeve & was 5lb heavier when I checked out lol My weight loss stalled when I moved from fluids to puree but its starting to move again slowly now, had my first check up yesterday at the hospital & they was more than happy with my losses so it must be normal.... don't worry! :)

Thanks GEMzY I put 2pounds on after surgery, I just need to have some patience and not go on the scales for a few weeks! Xx

Back