• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So sad and not motivated!!

Slewis326

Hello all....I had my sleeve on dec.14th and since 1 week after my surgery I have not lost a pound!!!!! I have been doing the same things and eating the same. Im not sure if this is normal or what??!!! It bothers me that I haven't had fried foods, pepsi, steak or any sweets and I'm still not losing. I don't know what do try. Please if anyone can give me advise it would new great!!

Hi are you eating and drinking enough, i wasn't drinking as much as i should and after getting a water infection was told i need to drink at least 2 ltres fluid a day, tea, nas squash, water and now my weight has started to come off again, hope someone else can help xx

Do yourself a food diary for 72hours and write it ALL on there then call your providers and make an appointment hun - you obv need some help as after 4 weeks you should see some movement on the scales xxxxxxx

I have been writing everything down that I have been eating. Im probably not eating our drinking enough. I have to remind myself all the time to eat and drink.

You say you aren't eating fried foods, pepsi, steak and sweets. Which leaves me wondering what you ARE eating? Usually there's a honeymoon period after the op (at least two weeks if not more) where the weight drops off while we are on the liquid only part, and even on the mush. Did you do these stages strictly? My weight loss slowed down after about 3 weeks post sleeve and stalled altogether after 4 but it's just started up again. I haven't eaten much more but I am drinking much more. What about exercise? Doing any?

I'm pre-op so can't offer any experience but from what I've seen others who are post op saying,you need to be having 6 meals a day and lots (and lots) of fluids. I'd speak to your surgeon/dietician to get some feedback on your diet.

Not sure you're meant to be worrying about too much exercise yet as its only been a few weeks - gentle exercise is always good x

Slewis326 said:
Hello all....I had my sleeve on dec.14th and since 1 week after my surgery I have not lost a pound!!!!! I have been doing the same things and eating the same. Im not sure if this is normal or what??!!! It bothers me that I haven't had fried foods, pepsi, steak or any sweets and I'm still not losing. I don't know what do try. Please if anyone can give me advise it would new great!!

Please don't feel disheartened. I too have had a slow weight loss from op date on 20th Nov. it's only starting to pick up this last week.

If your sticking to the rules you will start to lose weight. Try and keep off the scales and wait until your clothes start feeling looser. That is just as good a feeling if not better than watching the numbers.

Be patient ;-) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

ive had a bypass so i dont know if i can help... but what is standard with all weight loss patients is the fluids..that is really important hun.
I dont meant to sound like i am lecturing you but i had a water infection at week 2 and for 3 weeks i was very poorly, this was due to dehydration...
Make up a sports bottle of squash in the morning and sip that through the day, then drink tea/coffee/fruit tea/ what ever fluids as well... have at least a litre (1000ml) a day xx

If I dont drink at least a litre of water a day in addition to my cups of tea and coffee and milky drinks then I simply do not lose weight.
It is so important to drink water. I drink still, flavoured water, two litres if I can.
Lynne x

If you go into the "User CP" area (top left) you can add quite a lot of details including your starting weight, BMI, hospital etc .... which can be very useful for other people wishing to offer advice.

Weight loss will depend on HOW MUCH you originally had to lose. (On the mega super morbidly obese like me it is likely to fall off for the first few months.)

Sorry to be really controversial here but on another forum I take part in I just came across someone who has paid privately for a sleeve who currently only weights 67 Kgs (147 lbs / 10 stone 7) and says she feels "fat" and is also now wondering why she is not losing weight with the sleeve !!! :eek::eek::eek:

============================

I realise this MIGHT NOT apply to you Slewis -- I currently have no idea what you weigh, what your BMI is or how much you have to lose as you have not supplied the info ..... but having just read in another place about a "normal" weight person who has paid for a sleeve in order to become a 7 stone supermodel (the poster says her goal weight is 45 Kgs = 99 lbs = 7 stone 1 lb) ...... it has started to cross my mind, that not ALL patients going for the band or sleeve (privately) ARE obese.

Please forgive me, if I have got things wrong, or jumped to conclusions -- if you have a 100's of lbs to lose then you need to speak to your Bariatric team.

If I dont drink at least a litre of water a day in addition to my cups of tea and coffee and milky drinks then I simply do not lose weight.
It is so important to drink water. I drink still, flavoured water, two litres if I can.
Lynne x

I totally agree with Lynne, It's almost as though the water flushes out the fat. Even though I am pre op I have found over the years on different diets etc that drinking water is defiantly a big help in success. I normally drink at least 3L a day and am really worried I am going to struggle to get that much in post op! Good luck hope you get a jump start soon xx

I would say you are probably not eating enough, and your body thinks it is being starved, and is actually quite efficient in stopping you from wasting away! My loss has been slow from the start, but steadily it is coming off with stalls in between. I wasn't that big to start with at just under 17st, but other have lost quicker and more than I have. Try to eat a little more, and plenty of protein and fluids. You may just be one of those like me with an efficient body that has a mind of its own!! It does seem strange that you haven't lost anything, so maybe like others have said, a call to your provider for some advice would be good. Best of luck, and don't let it get you down xxx

Back