• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help me please

ka_gush

Hi all,:confused:
joined yesterday after accidently coming thru the site. Frustrated with uncontrolled weight due to Thyroid, Asthma, Hypertension, Chronic kidney disease. Been on on several obesity medication, currently on Redutil but lost few pounds few week. Was unwell put on steroid and since then have my weight have been going up. Discussed with my practice nurse but we are giving it time. Tried fit for life but when I go will have attacks and end up being there for few minute. Was looking for surgey weight loose information, when I came here. Help from every body I am frastrated.
Anybody who have been such a situation?

ka_gush

ka_gush View Public Profile Find More Posts by ka_gush Add ka_gush to Your Contacts

Hi there,

Have you spoken to your GP about weight loss surgery?

Which PCT do you come under? That way we can help you find your local criteria possibly, or there may be someone else on here who has been through the process in the same area.

Shel

Hello and welcome !
My advice would be to do some research on the BOSPA site that you were given the link to in the other part of the forum to see if any of those options seem right for you and then if you want to explore things further talk to your GP about it.
There are also plenty of pre and post op members around on here to offer advice on specific issues as you go along.
Good luck.

Hi Shel,
I have not spoken to my GP, was just desparate went looking in the web. Barking and Dagenham is my PCT, they do but have first to attend Obesity Clinic which just found out when I check. Thanks for you adive looking forward for more

ka_gush

Hi Jayne,
have checked I am entitled(NICE) gudelines but as have to first attend Obesity Clinic. Will discuss with my GP as soon as I secure a date.
Thanks for your advice I am very lucky I got into this web. I trust help is not far.

ka_gush

Just want to wish you good luck ka_gush. Sounds like you been having it rough lately. I've only been here for a week or so and have found everybody really supportive and learning lots from people who have been through the surgery and also waiting for surgery.

Good luck :)

Thanks Julie,
have been here about a day, was very confused , felt lonely, but now
I know the are other people out there who we can share ideas.
I feel vey much welcome and ready to learn.

ka_gush

Hi there,
Just had band fitted 18/7/09(paid and went private) and have been looked after brilliantly from first consultation to present. Personally couldn't have done with all the waiting about via NHS so used all my savings as I felt it was now or never once I had made my mind up and I have no regrets whatsoever. Good luck though if you can get PCT funding.

Good luck! Approach your GP and take it from there. My GP was hugely helpful and knew my body needed the help.

Back