• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed please.

Jess78

Hi all,

I had the bypass done last week Wednesday but I am really struggling with the post op diet so far. I am on the liquid diet until Sunday and have been told that I can have soups and high protein milk, but I just don't like the taste of the soups they make me feel very nauseous and never like milk. I have called many times this week to speak to the dietician, only to be told it's very hard to catch them. I have also tried strawberry and caramel slim fast and can only just about tolerate between 100-200ml once a day.

I am now feeling very week, especially as my iron is already low from being vegetarian for nearly all my life and not nowhere near my daily allowances. Does any one else have any ideas on what I can try??? Thank you!!

You can drink no added sugar squash, tea, coffee, no added sugar still flavoured water. You can also have home made smoothies made with pouring yogurt or soya milk, watered down fruit juice, sugar free ice lollies, veggie oxo's made with boiling water.

I would suggest if you get any weaker, to call an ambulance and go to A&E. you can become dehydrated very quickly if you don't keep your fluids up xx

Can you manage things like milky coffee?

I was allowed cream of wheat cereal, as well as oatmeal if it was soup consistency. So I added extra milk and pureed it.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Last night i tried a coffee after 2 years and it was one of the very few things that i actually enjoyed, although did make me feel queasy. I managed to speak to the dietician today and she said that I need to double my current liquids to ensure no going into hospital. Went shops and brought slim fast banana, low fat coffee drinks and no added sugar juice and have managed more liquids today.

Thank you all again for being there when I needed help xx

Back